Sign in to follow this  
TheLurk

Acclerating the Speech

hey folks i'm quite new to radar contact very very nice product indeedwhat i wanted to ask: is there a way to accelerate the speech of the controllers and pilots? would be nice if theres a possibility since its a little too slow for me :( any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,Make sure the sliders for each voice set are fully to the left (mimimum dead space betwen each word or phrase).Also some voice sets have naturally slower and faster talkers. Deselect those you find too slow.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks...maybe a little dumb question now but i searched around and i cant seem to find a menu point where i can adjust the spacing?i feel a little lost here

Hi,From the main RC display choose Voices. The next screen has four tabs - Pilots, Co-pilots, Controllers and Chatter Pilots.Click the tab you're interested in. Click the button where the name is shown and the voice will play. Underneath each voice button is a slider. It should be fully left. If so that's as fast as that voice can play.Move it to the right to slow a fast voice down. Unfortunately if the slider is all the way left you can't speed them up any more.Each voice can have the speed set individually. When you're happy press Save.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ok now i got it sorted out many thanks for your help theyre already been fully left guess i'll have to live with it then :D

For people who have moved from the default FS ATC some may sound a little slow but you'll soon get used to them.What you will really enjoy is the vastly improved ATC including different rules for non FAA airspace. i.e. most places outside the US.Have fun with Transition Altitudes. :-) The tutorials will help a lot.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I will also add that I fly listening to actual ATC communications (hopefully within the areas I am flying, using a program called 'Live ATC'), and except for the largest and busiest airports, ATC controllers do not speak all that fast/quickly. They typically use a fairly normal rate of speech. I think 'ultra fast talking' may be a misnomer by many.

Try JFK Tower. You may change your opinion!:-eek

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Like I said, 'except for the largest and busiest airports'.... ;)I don't usually fly my Twinkie, or Mooney, or Dakota, into JFK, so I'm safe :D ....but it is awesome listening that that frequency.

<

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

;) No problem Ray. BTW, RC and Live ATC has become a great combo together.