Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Cargo and gate assignment.

Hi allI was wondering to things.When i assign a gate in the rc4 menu and then arrive at my destination airport atc clears me to my gate but the gate has another ai plane already parked there. how do i fix this?And what is te correct way of entering the gate number or parking spot so that there isnt a plane parked there?At the moment i am entering where the gate number box is in the arrival airport i am entering "d12" or "a6" and i get cleared to park there but it is being used. And what do i do to enter a parking spot or cargo spot?Thanks for all the help and sorry if thi is an obvious question but answers would be very much appreciated.Richy

RC4 just "speaks" the gate assignment. RC5 will be much different.You can learn how to reserve a specific gate at an airport. Search in the FS forums for the term "VIP parking" to keep larger AI out of a gate. Basically using AFCAD you adjust the gate radius to a much smaller amount than your AI aircraft radius keeping the larger aircraft out. The radius of AI is in their aircraft.cfg. FSX also uses the wing_span in the aircraft.cfg. RC4 does not use this to determine if a gate is eligible.Try the FS9 forum on flightsim.com where it was recently discussed.Also, I do not know if it is available in the RC registered version of FSUIPC but is available in the full version, in the documentation look up the traffic or AI zapper if you want to "nuke" AI in front of you.

Thanks alow thats helped me out loads.Will look at all the things you suggested now.ThanksRichy