Sign in to follow this  
northridge

v4.3 on WideClient only wants FSX

I finally got my network back up up and running - after removing Vista and installing XP from my laptop - and sitting patiently for 2 hours while RC v4.3 installs, it is now ignoring the fact that I have FS9 and keeps asking for the FSX .exe in order to install FSUIPC4.dll.When I previously installed v4.3 temporarily on the FS (XP) machine in order to keep flying, I just ignored its pleas for FSX and it installed and worked properly on FS9.What do I do? I am loathe to close any windows in case it aborts the install and I have to go through it all again.

Did you ever have FSX installed? You may have to correct a registry entry. There is a free utility from Flight1:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryAlso make sure your path to your host FS9 folder is correct over the net and you can see it from your RC pc. Also check your host sharing on FS9 and subdirectories and also to your host documents folder where your FS plans, etc., are stored.

Nope, no FSX.And all the sharing is ok: when I select the FS9.exe on the Server it ignores it and inserts "FSX" in its place,and shouts "FSX not found! Please locate and "open" FSX.exe".And foolishly I had already rubbish-binned my previous versions up to 4.3, presuming that the new standalone would slot right in with no worries.Serves me right.

i'm guessing that when you did the install, you chose the FSX install option, instead of the FS9 install option. i'm afraid the best thing to do, is uninstall, and install, and choose the fs9 option.be sure you can write to the fs9 directory, via the network, when you install rc on the other machine. there are a couple of files that have to be installed in the fs9 directory. you will be asked a couple of times for the path, so either specify the UNC name (computershare) or the drive letter (x:fs9, etc)jd

Thanks for the replies.I dont recall getting a choice of install options.In the end I did close the window - I had to log off - and the search for FSX disapeared and the install completed itself.I ran the program and am now waiting for my key, so we