Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Delays in RC4 text

jd,I sent you a log of a small problem. (say intentions...)I am waiting your answer. Just to inform other users I repeat here my message:>>I have a curious problem.First the FS environment:FSX on main PC Windows XP Professional.RC4 on laptop Vista home. I am flying the tutorial KBNA to KMEM (tutorial #2).When I send to control the Missed Approach option the controller replies contact approach, I press 1 before the message text appears in FSX (otherwise I coud wait up to 30-60 seconds) (btw the autosave is on a 15 minutes interval),the new controller ask for intentions (say intentions), then repeat it until I press something.Now the problem is that the RC4 text in FSX or stays with the a choice of options that do not correspond to what it is supposed to be (1 Vectors, 2 Hold..., 3 Delay vectors etc...),If I press 9 the text changes in RC4 STAND BY. And meanwhile the controller repeats on and on: Say Intentions....This is not a major problem. I found out the standard text after Missed Approach and the system will accept correctly what I press. But it would be good to get the text on the screen so one can choose correctly.I am sending the log for this problem. The log start from a saved RCD as described in the tutorial (first RCD).Not urgent. In general when I get the controller info I can answer immediately IF I KNOW the option to press. Otherwise the waiting period for the text is between a few seconds up to 30-60 seconds. This delay is certainly independant of the autosave (every 15 minutes) as the delays are very frequent (over 50 % of the time). <

Roger

See my specs in my profile

you had "display text" checked on the options page.that is only there, for hearing impaired. you don't need it checked. this probably explains the behavior you're statingjd

jd,I unchecked the display text and now everything is perfect. The RC4 option box during a flight is updated (almost) immediately and the "say intentions" do not repeat as I now know which option I want.Thank you.

Roger

See my specs in my profile