Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

I might have screwed something up

Hello All -Kind apologies if this has already been asked. I think may have screwed my AIRAC files up (and like a moron, i didn't back them up).So here goes..1.) I downloaded the Airac 0808 and installed the vendor specific data (i.e. PMDG, Wilco, etc).2.) Like a moron I didn't backup the existing Airac data3.) Now my runways in the FMC's don't match. i.e. I was flying from KORD (departure runway 9R was showing up incorrectly on the PFD, almost lining up next to the aircraft) to TNCM (Cleared to land Runway 9, but FMC shows available runways 10/29.Do i need to rebuild the RC4 database? Or am I forgetting to install the AIRAC for RC4?Sorry my stupidy! Thanks,

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

RC4 does not use AIRACs. The airport data is extracted from your installed scenery files.The AIRACs will affect your FMCs if you install them.Your FMC/scenery discrepancies are probably due to real world runway renaming mostly due to magnetic variation changes that drift over time. RC will use the labels in your scenery.Relabeling your FS scenery runways can be difficult and require more than just editing data in AFCAD as I recall. When I tried this it messed up the ILS assignments for the correct runways.

This is similar to the runway designator changes at EGCC last year. The BGL airport file needs editing and the runway designators and runway start points need amending.For FS9 scenery search the AvSim Library for AFCAD by Lee Swordy. For FSX scenery ADE can do the job. Get it from herehttp://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/Once the modified BGL has been saved you need to restart FS to rebuild its indexes. Make sure the new BGL is saved in FSAddon SceneryScenery so it's read before the default one. Then exit it and rebuild the RC database. It's in your interest to do this because otherwise the AIRAC cycles will never natch the FS airport designators.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather