Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Controller accents

Would it be possible, in a future version of this excellent programme, to have what I might call "controller area accent selection". This might be automatic or selectable by the user.For example, I start a flight in the UK and overfly France and,say, Switzerland so I select UK and other European controllers. This means that with v4.3 I simply de-select all American controllers. However, this results often in my pilot talking to a centre man in France who has a perfect English accent. It would be good if the programme could, by detecting where I am, select the appropriate controllers. I realise, jd, that you cannot have an accent for every territory but if when overflying the UK we only had UK controllers and when flying over other non-English territories the controller had an accent that was not UK or US I think this would be a nice touch.Just a thought and I know you guys have quite enough to do!Iain Smith

>already coded. all i need are the voices with accents>Excellent jd. I hope you get the voices.Iain

i haven't divided the world. conceivably, every "center" could have their own set of controllers.boston controllers, and atlanta controllers, and french controllers, and italian, if we get that lucky.i'd be happy with 10 different accents.jd

That's a pretty good implementation! I work part time at EFHK, so I'll try to convince the local controllers to do a couple sets for ya -- how would you like that?IlariP.S Just let me know when you're ready with the scripts...