Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

Radar Contact SID STAR

Can FSX Radar Contact fly a SID or STAR directly from the Flight Plan and not by also loading a saved Flight?

Michael,The waypoints in a SID or STAR have to be in your plan. RC has no database of SIDs or STARs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,This should mean that I only have to load the Flight plan with the SID/STAR and not load a saved Flight with a SID/STAR Flight plan.Why I ask is that I have recently used an 'ATC system' that requires just that for SID/STAR to work. And this method does not work with FS2Crew.

Michael,I'm struggling to understand the difference between a flight plan that would have to have been saved to be available and a saved flight plan. :-hmmmCan you clarify what you're asking for please?Later: Maybe you're asking about a flight plan that doesn't include the SID waypoints and for the SID waypoints to be added once the active runway is known?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use the PMDG models. I include the SID/STAR waypoints in a plan for export to the PMDG FMCs and simultaneously to FS9 (or FSX if you will) so waypoints match for RC. In the PMDGs I import the plan into the FMC (the name of the plan in the scratchpad or do INDEX/NAVDATA/FLIGHTPLANS clicking on the plan name to get it in the scratchpad) via RTE LSK CO_ROUTE/LSK ACTIVATE - EXE.I am not familiar with FS2CREW and its linking/plan options but the FMC and FS9/FSX formats should give you all you need. The only saved flights I use (from FS9) are parked aircraft.The aircraft avionics I use load their own format (FMC) or FS9 plans directly. I do not have to load the plan into FS9 but there is no reason that can not be accomplished.

Ray,Let me clarify, with the other 'ATC system' I needed to load a Flight plan and then save the Flight to a flt-file. When I wanted to use the Flight plan with the SID/STAR I had to load the saved flt-file (Flight) and not just the Flight plan (plt-file).To load a saved flight (flt-file) like this does not work with FS2Crew though. Hope this helps.

Michael,What is this 'other ATC system'? Aren't you using RC?Is your problem with RC or with FS2Crew? As I have already said RC will fly whatever you feed to it with or without a SID.If your other software requires a different plan (with or without a SID) you will have to supply it with a different plan.I'm sorry if I appear unhelpful but I'm not sure what your problem with RC is.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,I do not have RC yet, but just want to make sure it does not require to load a saved Flight for SID/STAR to work.My other 'ATC system' was VoxATC, which required just that. The procedure was to first create a Flight plan without SID/STAR, load your preferred aircraft and save this Flight. Then add the SID/STAR via a VoxATC tool and save the Flight again. Then load this Flight in FSX and you are ready to go.I know this is a complex method but required by VoxATC, and also one of the reasons I have abandoned VoxATC. The other being that FS2Crew requires that you do not load a saved Flight.

Michael,Ah right. Everything is clear. :)RC will accept a FS-compatible plan whether it contains SID waypoints or not. RC4 doesn't know about SIDs - it just expects you to fly what you file.It seems VOXATC requires you to add a SID to your loaded plan. That is not a requirement for RC.I hope that clarifies things. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with FS2Crew but if it allows you to load a FS plan then everything should work in harmony.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ron,Until now using the FSX F1 ATR I have created a Flight plan in Flight Sim Commander and then load this in FSX. Once loaded I also load this Flight plan into the ATR FMC and I'm ready to go. I hope this is not altered by using Radar Contact?

Ray,I think the main reason for this in VoxATC is so the IFR clearance will include 'via departure XX' and so on. Does RC have a clearance with the SID/STAR stated by ATC?

Michael,RC does not know about SIDs/STARs as I previously mentioned. It just sees waypoints.Having said that it will clear you via the various controllers depending on your flight level and position.I suggest you read more about what RC can offer by clicking on the link below. I'm sure it will satisfy your needs for an accurate ATC program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You load the same plan into RC. RC does not alter your FX plan you have on disk or load into other applications/avionics. So now your FMC, FSX, and RC (and FS2CREW?) all have the same navigation waypoints so you all should be synchronized. Be aware that RC ATC will issue vectors (unless you opt otherwise) for departure or arrival. This might require you to deviate from the legs in your FMC so you should know how to fly the ATR with heading, speed, and altitude to comply with ATC.For departure knowing how to do a direct-to (legs advance) on the FMC is paramount since RC will line you up for your first waypoint outside of 30 nm and you will be expected to go direct from your present position to it at the conclusion of vectoring. If your first plan waypoint is within 30 nm you will be expected to fly your own procedure "as filed".On arrival you can elect to take vectors or be responsible for your own nav. At about 40 miles out on contacting approach you may find RC vectoring you off a STAR (as is usually done r/w) to line you up for an approach. Again, you can opt to fly your own procedure.

It's a non-issue. If you are already using FS Commander, take a look at the list that asks you where to save flight plans for various addons. FSC will save a flight plan you develop for RC4 in a separate folder for RC4 in FSC. Just load THAT flightplan into RC4 and everything works.FalconAF

Rick Ryan