Sign in to follow this  
Guest nemisis34

No Airports

Guest nemisis34

I have just purchased and installed RC 4 when it works its great.Problem is when i run rebuild sceanery DB i get a message Total airports =28 runways =91I had a look through the forum and noted a few threads with almost the same problem and i downloaded the latest versuion of makernys and installed it to my FS 9 folder.. but im still getting the same problemHelp please i want to fly some place else haha

problem is usually in the scenery library, the order in which they are listed, etc.i'm not a scenery guru, so i wouldn't know exactly what to look for. maybe you could post your scenery.cfg file and some really smart beta testers would notice something right off the batjd

Guest nemisis34

Thanksyeah i fugure its something to do with scenery library i have a lot of add on scenery but there must be a work around

Could you post the contents of your scenery.cfg here? Then we can see if something in there is causing the problem.Subs

First, I assume you are running RC on the same machine as FS9.In your FS9 folder is a file called runways.txt which is a text file log of what makerwys does as it searches through your scenery based on your scenery.cfg. Open it with wordpad and see if there are any error messages in it and what the last few airports were it processed before quitting. Pay special attention to the paths of the scenery files.For a default scenery attached is a typical entry from the log.

Guest nemisis34

here is the txt file from my FS9 folder

Guest nemisis34

here is my scenery.cfg file hope it helps

Guest nemisis34

no idea like i say i have added a lot of add on scenery over the years it all works fine in FS i have a number of back up scenery files in my fs9 folder too

You have multiple entries where the layer number differs from the area number. I suggest you make a copy first and then with the original scenery.cfg edit each entry ensuring the layer number equals the area number.Some entries have an layer number hugely different to the area number.Report back when you have corrected things and run MakeRunways. Make sure you open and close FS9 first before you run MakeRunways so the scenery.cfg is scanned and the indexes rebuilt.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest nemisis34

OK this is oddi re numbered all the layers in my config file opened FS let it re build the indexes and then ran makerunwys no change....I went back into the scenery.cfg file only to see the re numbering i had done had been changed back :(I re numbered again and run makerunways....success yahoo i opened FS closed it, opened RC4 run the rebuild scenery DB and Ohhh :( its gone again.....Then i had an idea, i noticed running the rebuild BD was actually runing makerunways, i opened my scenery cfg..Hmmmm it had been re numbered out of sink againThis time i re numbered all the layers manually again...this time i run makerunways before i opened FS everything seems fine.. i have not tested it 100% yet but it seems ok, but as soon as i open fs it will change the scenery.cfg but as long as i dont run makerunways it should run okNo idea why FS keeps changing them??????

Area is the number generated for each new addition. Layer is the priority.As I recall, area numbers must be in order with none missing.I'll check later.

Here is something you can try:Backup your scenery.cfg again.Download from the AVSIM FS2004 Utilties library fsm285.zipInstall it. It will not run claiming expiration. Before you run this set your computer system date back three years or so. It should then run. It has a scenery analyzer/trouble-shooter. Run that and see what it reports. I am not at home right now but there is a separate patch available to avoid having to change your system date to get it to run.What I am seeing from your runways.txt file is that makerwys is not seeing inside most of your scenery folders as described in your path for each entry.Here is the first good one:=============================================================================Area.073 "BA C AFD" (Layer=3)Local=scenedbBrArptCentral_AFD=============================================================================scenedbBrArptCentral_AFDsceneryzzafd.bgl=============================================================================is at the head of a good section and the rest is OK for that section.The next section is:=============================================================================Area.003 "Africa" (Layer=4)Local=SceneryAfri=======================================================================with nothing following it regarding a .bgl file which is not good.It is not seeing the path to the default APxxxxxx.bgl files.Try the fsm utility which analyzes and might repair your scenery.cfg and see if it helps to locate your problem.

Here's how to run fsm85 for a scenery check after setting back your PC date:Start the program. Click on the icon with the head in shirt and tie (Diagnostic Tools). Click on Scan for Errors. Look at them and if you so decide click on Fix Error Found. It will save a backup scenery.cfg with a unique number starting with the year and date.See if it fixed anything possible that it reported. It fixed on mine a couple of out-of-sequence area numbers.See if it reports missing scenery folders.As far as scenery priority in FS the lowest number in the scenery settings library dialog box has the highest priority. In scenery.cfg the highest layer number has the highest priority.After corrections have been made (if possible) start FS and let it reindex, then stop and run RC and do the scenery rebuild again and hopefully you might get a full set of data. If you are running Vista make sure you are running RC as an administrator and that its .bat file in the RC folder as well as makerwys.exe in your FS9 folder have admin privileges, or go into the user security section of Vista and turn off something similar to user access monitoring - I do not have Vista - that might be causing a problem with folder/file access. XP does not have that problem.