Sign in to follow this  
Guest DBob

Can't register for some reason

Guest DBob

I just re-installed RC after a years absence (on new hardware) and am getting registration request emails bounced."This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. register@jdtllc.com" My old key seems to crash the registration form as I guess its new the hardware. I'm using Vista 32bit btw. Has the firm gone bust? Is there an email prob at their end, is it VISTA? Any ideas anyone?

what's your product id from the registration screen? if there is a minus sign there, i need to know that tooalso, with vista, you have to right mouse click the .exe or shortcut, and click run as administrator.jd

Guest DBob

ThanksOk, i discovered in another thread that the format of the email needs to be very specific. I did that and I got a new key after a short while... thank you. However... cutting and pasting the key carefully into the empty field and hitting validate button makes no difference. The form closes but comes back each time I start RC. Hmmm

Guest DBob

Sorry, forgot to say. Yes it has a minus sign and that my local account has administrator privileges(and I've tried the right click run as Administrator you suggested. All to no avail.

minus sign makes a differenceyour key is MBBQIDKFIFEDGNEGBJGFCINLNHEMHEHChaving admin priviledges is not the same as running as adminuse this key, start rc by right mouse clicking the .exe, and clicking run as adminjd