Sign in to follow this  
Guest misohatala

arrival weather problems with asx

Guest misohatala

Sir,I have searched for the answer from many.. many threads but still with no luck.I am using ASX... problem is that i cant see.. or wait.. hear the correct weather through radar contact atis on the arrival airport. yes, weather gets gradually more precise when i close down to say... 5-15nm from the airport and finally it will be quite precise at landing... But it gets annoying when Approach initially may or may not assingn me to the wrong runway!Today i fly from Rome to Malpensa LIMC and approach assign me to rwy 35R even though 061350Z 16009KT 120V200 9999 SCT030 SCT070... cant remember what ATIS was exactly but is was way wrong... requested the ILS17L and carry on... approaching runway weather get more precise and the AI started to land on ILS17L as well.....It is not only the winds... pressure and temps are behaving the same..i have tried TONS of setting variations with ASX, FSUIPC, FSX....etc.. but I havent get it yet. for the fsuipc i have 4.28 and registered. I dont fiddle with any fancy settings... ever.. try to keep it simple and trust the good ol` programmers... especially the .cfg files... huh..I hope there is some cool slider switch where i can fix this problem! nnooo... just.. am I using wrong settings, wrong procedures or versions or is this quite normal ... ???I more question:i finally figured the freezing AI to the holding points searching the forums (hope for the fix for other people sake) but I have turned down normally AIchatter because they respond to the controllers like in few millisecond.... I dislike this so is there a choice to get a little paus in the conversation?Regards,

follow the directions at the top of the forum, to generate a .log fileduplicate the problem, and send me the .logtell me what rc was saying, and what you thought it should be.arrival weather, i'm assuming you are using rc 4.3, is the arrival weather. i don't read it from ASX. i read it from FS. so if ASX hasn't set the arrival weather, then i won't know what it isthe other matter about the runways, is a different issue. if the ai are using 17L and the winds are 350, i go with what the ai are using as the active runway. because that is what they are using.it would be worse, if they were landing 17L, and because of the winds, i gave you 35R. you would be landing directly into the ai taking offjd