Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

RUNTIME ERROR 70 AND COMPUTER FREEZES IS BACK

Hi,We have been through this before. I make a list of statements from the previous efforts made to solve the problem.I'm aware of that runtime error 70 is: PERMISSION DENIED.I also understand that this definition gives the description for what I should be looking forPREVIOUSLY DONE and stated:* Sent JD more logs - Nothing to be found.* Sent JD system info by using the about obtion in RC. - Found that a lot of Kapersky actions were going on - Replaced the antivirus software with AVAST, which is the same you use JD.* Re-installed RC, and;* Found that a lot of files that are in current use by FS had read only attributes - Changed that - NO MORE RUNTIME ERROR 70....FOR A WHILENow, I experience runtime error 70, lets say 70 % of the times using RC.I also experience that the system freezes. This makes RC function at the most 5 % of the times when ran.I do not experience out-of-memory error.I repeat; I understand Runtime error 70 is PERMSION DENIED. However, it could be that this happens when there is a conflict between two programs / software. Couldn't it ??JD, has anyone reported that there is such a conflict or conflict at all between RC and SAITEK yoke system ??Since the error message regarding runtime error 70 mentions FSUIPC, could it then be some faulty setting(s) within FSUIPC connected with RC ??I have no problems without RC when running the sim, except that the SAITEK-software makes some posible loops as the FPS decreases permanently when pressing any key at all on the yoke. But runtime error 70 and system freez does only happen whilst RC is running.Carl

of course, the only time you are going to get a run time error 70, is when you are running radar contact. it is what is generating the error. radar contact is the program complaining about permission being denied to write to a particular file and or directory.i have not had any reports about rc and saitek yoke systems. i wouldn't expect to receive them. the two are completely independent.i have found that some antivirus programs think, that when a program does a lot of writing to a directory like c:program files... that it is suspicious, and the anti virus program denies the program permission to write to that directory.you said yourself earlier, that after you removed kapersky, reinstalled rc, and changed the read only attributes, that everything ran fine.and now it doesn't. rc is still the same program. it's still the same files in the rc directory. rc isn't changing anything here.here is a suggestion. uninstall rc, install rc in a non-protected path. not c:program files... but c:flightrc or something like that.send me the .log from the last run time error 70. let me see if there is anything new to be found here.jd

Thanks a lot JD, I follow your advices and information.I really don't want to be a nuisance on this issue, but it is important to me as I think RC has brought me to a new level of flight simming and I am not that interested in running FS without it.This is the only forum I can think of being capable to help solving the problem that I encounter.So, thanks for you patience.Carl

I haven't had the time to make a complete flight and look more into this runtime problem until now.However, I finally found the errors. They were in the winwood folder.Some of the subfolders there had corrupted script files, obviously refering to a prior installed version of RC. Furthermore the subfolder 63 was missing.After re-installation and a carefully checking the content of the winwood folder, I have now made several flights ,exactely following flight plans were I earlier got the runtime error.Permission denied in my case was as you can see related to the fact that RC didn't find what it was searching for. The corrupted script files and the missing folder also explain why I encountered the problem more during the flight when near to areas with dense traffic and communication than for smaller remote airports.It's certainly easy to get lost when searching for computer errors.Thanks though JD for all your efforts to help me out.Carl