Sign in to follow this  
Guest strychninekiss

I really hate to ask this...but...

copy the .dll/.ocx to the syswow64 directoryuse the same register command, pointing to the .dll in the windowssyswow64 directoryalso be sure you have started the dos window with admin priviledgesjd

Guest strychninekiss

Im really sorry, but could you elaborate on those steps just a tad JD? :-) Just so I dont mess up due to not understanding.RegardsWilliam

Guest strychninekiss

Sweet!Its this one: MSSTDFMT.DLLSince I am using Vista 64, SYSWOW64 folder I should place it in?But still use the same procedure you have posted in the FAQ on the RC site?

make a copy of msstdfmt.dll, and put it in the syswow64 directoryclick startin the search box, type cmd, then press ctrl-shift-enteryou should be prompted by UAC for permission to run as administratorin the dos window that opens, typeregsvr32 %systemroot%syswow64msstdfmt.dllpress enteryou should geta pop up window saying it was successfully registeredjd

Guest mattchip

I have the same problem. I'm unable to change the admin settings on the command prompt. If I right click on the icon for the command prompt, the compatibilty page is grayed out and says I can't change anything on that page. I have system admin rights. I get the message "msstdfmt.dll was loaded but the call to Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801c" I've searched all over, and they all say the same thing, but I still get the error message.I HATE VISTA!!!!Any ideas?Thanks,Matt Collins

Guest mattchip

Disreagrd the previous. In desperation, I went back and tried it in sys32 instead of syswow64. It registered that time. I've been messing with this for 2 hours. I still hate Vista.Matt Collins

Guest strychninekiss

I followed your advice and I got the popup that it succeded...However after starting up RD and pressing 3 for Clearence I got Runtime error 75? It was not in the FAQ

if this is vista, you have to start RD :-) RC by right mouse clicking the .exe or shortcut, and clicking run as administratorjd

Guest strychninekiss

That seemd to do the trick, I used the last key code you sent me.Do I have to start as administrator every time for it to work?Thanks//William

Guest strychninekiss

Got it!Its working fine THANX JD!//William