Sign in to follow this  
futurnet

STRANGE ATC SENTENCE

I was flying LQSA (SARAJEVO) TO LIRA (Rome Ciampino) at about 40m from SPL VOR pointing 232 degrees ATC give me this weird sentence:DO YOU SHOW YOURSELF IN THE AIRWAY? I SHOW YOU DRIFTING OFF COURS. FLIGHT HEADING 095 UNTIL RECIVE SUITABLE FOR NAVIGATION. So he ask me to turn back to my flight direction. I am not english but I think he saw me take a wrong direction and told me to fly back from my flight plan.The strange thing is that I was flying a correct path using GPS autopilot. So what wrong in my navigation?My plan was LQSA - KG (ndb) - norpi (fix) - BOSNA (fix) - SPL (vor) - PES (vor) LIRA.Thanks in advance for any explanation.

Francesco cattaneo

Hi,It's likely you missed a waypoint and RC was instructing you to do a 180 and fly over it. This is most likely to happen if one waypoint is at a large angle and close to the previous one and the aircraft can't turn fast enough.The easy option is to choose Direct To on the menu and select the waypoint you are currently heading for. RC will then treat that as the current waypoint and you won't get nagged again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest realm174

I actually see that problem happen quite regularly, not only in the scenario you're describing, but also when there's a conversation going on with ATC as I fly "through" the current waypoint. It seems that while there's a conversation going on, RC does not keep track of the position (that's easily seen when looking at the distance to next waypoint, which does not update while the chat is happening). Makes sense? In any case, I've gotten used to choose that direct to option and move on to the next waypoint. It's only a bit pain in the a** when I'm not near the computer while crossing a waypoint and that particular scenario happens... That's also why I avoid using AP as much as possible.

I actually see that problem happen quite regularly, not only in the scenario you're describing, but also when there's a conversation going on with ATC as I fly "through" the current waypoint. It seems that while there's a conversation going on, RC does not keep track of the positionHow long do these 'conversations' last? If you're given an instruction you should immediately acknowledge it and comply. Is the conversation with other aircraft and not your own? Are you flying in a particularly congested area with many Ai? Does it disappear if you reduce the number of Ai aircraft?I fly RC extensively as you might imagine but I rarely find this kind of problem and I'm not aware of anyone else reporting it. If it persists I suggest you turn on logging before starting RC and try to reproduce it. Then follow the pinned instructions on the forum and forward the log to the support address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest realm174

Thanks for the suggestion Ray, I will turn on logging on my next flight and forward the info. You are correct, it happens in areas where there is lots of AI, and where there is a lot of instructions being given/responded to. As previously stated, what I have noticed is that while conversations are going on, there is no update on the distance to next waypoint. So if I'm only a couple of miles from the next waypoint and there's a few AI receiving instructions, I can guarantee you I will "miss" my next waypoint and will be instructed to do a 180 to go catch it back. I have somewhat fixed that problem by turning down the number of AI when I see (via flightsim commander) that the area is getting too busy. Not the best way to deal with it I guess, but it works..

Hi realm,It does seem likely that RC is not monitoring the current waypoint whilst Ai chatter is ongoing. JD is in a better position than me to confirm that.Whilst it probably won't be possible to fix it for v4.3 it can certainly be considered for v5. A log will certainly help JD pinpoint the problem.Now that you know the solution you can certainly keep on top of things.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Alias

It happened to me too:D ATC tells you this simply because you missed a waypoint, so they give you a back track to intercept it.In your case I don't understand why ATC told you to come back since you were flying using GPS, but try to recreate the problem and, if you can, I suggest you to send a log to jd using the pinned post at the top of the forum, he will help you to understand what went wrong.CheersLorenzoPS: another thing I would look at is that the waypoint shown on RC's dialog screen must be the same one towards you are flying, so check that anytime.

Happens to me as well. Sometimes the ATC talks for too long and the result is a missed waypoint. What really gets me going, though, is a case when:- first, I allegedly miss a wpt and - second, I have no chance whatsoever to respond to ATC's command to do a 180 because he keeps on talking! When done, the ATC then barks at me for not responding, without giving me the chance to do so in the first place. It doesn't happen too often and it must look funny to someone watching and listening because I keep hitting the keyboard in hopes to get my response through while yelling back at ATC. :)Hm. Just shows the immersion factor of RC4, doesn't it? :)Regards,Jure

Guest hugosustar
I was flying LQSA (SARAJEVO) TO LIRA (Rome Ciampino) at about 40m from SPL VOR pointing 232 degrees ATC give me this weird sentence:DO YOU SHOW YOURSELF IN THE AIRWAY? I SHOW YOU DRIFTING OFF COURS. FLIGHT HEADING 095 UNTIL RECIVE SUITABLE FOR NAVIGATION. So he ask me to turn back to my flight direction. I am not english but I think he saw me take a wrong direction and told me to fly back from my flight plan.The strange thing is that I was flying a correct path using GPS autopilot. So what wrong in my navigation?My plan was LQSA - KG (ndb) - norpi (fix) - BOSNA (fix) - SPL (vor) - PES (vor) LIRA.Thanks in advance for any explanation.
Hi,For sure you missed KG. KG is about 7 miles from LQSA runway 30. Which runway did you use ?When taking off rwy 30 you simply overfly KG because it is on your runway heading.But when taking off on runway 12 you must do that sharp left turn back to KG and in in this case you can miss it

Missing a waypoint (according to RC that is) also occurs when flying at 4x (or more) simrate especially where the WP is in a turn. But then again...such is to expected 'cause FS is known for correcting too late when in high simrates.Just request a DIR to solve this.