Sign in to follow this  

KCVG help

I've tried two add-on sceneries in FS2k2 for Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Int'l. One by Page Cline and the other by Christopher Gilbert. In both cases, it is impossible to taxi the aircraft. The taxi strips behave like I'm taxiing on the beach. Sand kicking up and eventually the landing gear fails.Set flat commands don't seem to help.I see AFCAD files for this scenery, so I assume somebody is using it with better success. Hopefully not with helicopters.Does anyone know of a way to correct this condition?Both are great renditions of KCVG. Would love to use one of them.Your help would be appreciated.

Guest Heather 636

G'day!I was going to install this and see if I had the same problem, but alas, I discovered that my AFCAD file will only work with Chris Gilbert's rendition of KCVG, apparently only available at that "other" flight sim site. You know, the one that you can never get into unless you break down and buy a membership. I just finally gave up trying to get in there. AVSIM meets all of my requirements 99% of the time.On the other hand, if you have his file "cvgfs2k" and wouldn't mind sending it to me, I'd be more than happy to check it out and see if I get the same results you are having.Cheers!Heather

At the office right now but I'll forward it to you tonight from my home . We'll see if you have the same issues.

What a coincidence!I've been trying to solve this problem all week. I had Page Cline's kcvg2k2.zip installed with kcvg_kp.zip (the AFCAD file made for this scenery). I also experienced the same taxiing problems.But what bothers me is I had this scenery installed in 2K and it worked perfectly AND I thought I had it installed in 2k2 and it worked fine. Must have been dreaming.Anyway, I, too, cannot get into that "other forum" to d/l Page's scenery. It seems AVSIM doesn't have it. And I'll be damned if I going to pay to get into a forum. So if Page is reads this, please upload to AVSIM, the only real flight sim forum.Back to the main problem, if anyone can help out with this problem, you're greatly appreciated.Mike

Guys,One of the problems with FS2000 scenery is that the MS added new codes to the ground/terrain which are not read by previous versions of addon sceneries. Therefore FS2002 reads these older sceneries as normal terrain and treats taxiways as grass/dirt. The solution is to write to the author for a quick 'fix' (it is very easy), or do it yourself (through the program Airport 2.60).Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Gee, and let me guess, your using Prosky planes right?

Guest Heather 636

Well, I tried.I get the same results; rolling across concrete but bumpy as a potato field and kicking up as much dirt.I downloaded Airport 2.60 but I'm sorry guys, this is just too much for my little brain to get into at this time. Just way too many other irons in the fire at this moment.I am, however, going to email the author of that airport and see if he would be so kind as to make an update for it for 2002. It's a very nice job that he did and I too would like to have it for 2002.Will keep my fingers crossed and hope he comes through.Cheers!Heather

Thanks Shez,I'll see if I can contact Page or Chris about some new updates.MikeP.S. Does anyone understand the last post?(something about "Prosky")

Guest Heather 636

I got that Page Cline KCVG file installed (thanks Walter) and it looks great, except fot those overlapping taxiways. Then I remembered the "exclude" and "flatten" procedures. Jeez! If I had a brain I'd be dangerous! I REALLY must remember to have at least TWO cups of coffee in the morning before attempting this stuff.Now, I wonder if Michael Lehkamp's "parallel runway" application will work with this, even though he say only to use it with Christopher Gilbert's version of KCVG.

Guest Jack

Hi Heather,Just wait a few years, it'll be a 4-cup minimum!"Now, I wonder if Michael Lehkamp's "parallel runway" application will work with this, even though he say only to use it with Christopher Gilbert's version of KCVG."What/where is the "parallel runway application" ?I have 3 airports besides KCVG I'd love to get working in 2002.ThanksJackD

Guest Heather 636

Hey Jack! Welcome to the circus! But a nice circus.Downloaded it from here at AVSIM (oh, and believe me, I consume FAR more than two cups a day, I just need at least two to get my eyes open and attempt anything that requires my brain). ;)Here's his "read me" file:KCVG Version 1.0 - Michael LehkampNOTE: THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH CHRIS GILBERT'S RENDITION OF KCVG AVAIL ON FLIGHTSIM.COM.FILE NAME IS (cvgfs2k.zip).This AFCAD file includes gates and parkings for the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport. Departing aircraft will use runways 18R/36L while arriving aircraft will use 18L/36R. The AI will line-up correctly and fairly straight with the gates. This is version 1.0 and I plan to update as advancements in AFCAD are made. For example, I havenot included any parking for the DHL ramp as cargo aircraft can not yet be 100% distinguishedfrom commercial craft.

Hi,I've just joined and registered and as soon as I get familiar with this site I'll be more comfortable.First, about KCVG. That file took me a year to do and I had started it in FS2000 and finished after FS2002 came out. The problem everyone's having with the bouncing aircraft is because the default scenery is ALWAYS underneath but hidden. FS seems to want to "remember" where the default taxiways & runways are and let you know that you're off them by making as if you're on dirt. You'll also notice that AI aircraft follow the default taxiways. I HAVE A FIX FOR THE BOUNCING. Also, I have a fix to put back in the VOR/DME that was elimated. E-mail me at pageruthcline@msn.com and I'll send them to you (they're small bgl files).

Guest Heather 636

Let me be one of the first to welcome you to AVSIM Page. I haven't been here too long myself and already feel like one of the regular crowd. They do that to you here. ;)Great people at AVSIM, you'll fit right in.Cheers!Heather

I'll second that welcome and thank you for your efforts in creating the KCVG scenery and for the bgl fixes.As a Delta Virtual Airlines pilot, KCVG is a frequent stop.Nice to have the airport detail of your scenery.

Guest Jack

Hi Heather,Thanks for your reply, and my apologies for the slow response. I was served a generous portion of Fried Modem after my last posting and have just gotten over the indigestion it caused.Evidently AFCAD is much of the answer for FS2k import scenery, so I'moff to the AFCAD shop to see if I can get that repaired. Seems it swallowed a partially done airport and doesn"t want to cough it up again. Tch, tch. I assume the wound was self-inflicted, unless Lee lets me off the hook.Thanks & CheersJackD