Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

AI Traffic Stops Dead When Tower Frequency Invoked

Guest United

Here is a problem I have had for months now, tried to ignore it, but it won't go away. I am using FSX/SP2/Acceleration, Windows XP SP2 and RC4.3 with Makerunways 4.27 and I am not using anything like AI Smooth. I am using Renk's Traffic X, but this has happened equally with Ultimate Traffic, so it's not the AI traffic program. This has happened at multiple airports, basically all of them now and I do not manipulate AFCADs, I do not use add-on airports, this is all with native FSX airports, taxiways and runways.This is reproducible each time I use RC for months now: I tune in the tower frequency and all AI traffic on a taxiway headed for the takeoff runway (in this case, 34R at KSEA with no surface winds) comes to a halt and freezes. If I stay on ground frequency and do not tune in tower, AI traffic continues to flow and take off. If an AI plane has taxied into position and is holding and I tune in tower frequency, it freezes on the runway and does not take off. So, if I am in say, a five plane line, in back of five commercial jets say, and I tune in tower frequency before I get to the head of the line, the traffic freezes in front of me and I have to move time forward to make all AI traffic disappear beofre I can get tower to tell me to taxi into position. That does not seem right.Am I doing something wrong? Are you not supposed to tune in tower until you are at the head of the line? I thought I've had RC tell me that I am Xth plane to take off and all that and AI was to take off in front of me while I'm tuned into tower frequency, but that is not happening now. I just used version 4.27 of makerunways.exe and allowed RC to redo that data, no joy. Any ideas?OH! PS - this was even more starling. While observing AI traffic moving normally and taking off BEFORE I tuned in tower frequency at KSEA 34R, I slew the Cessna to a point off the taxi way just before an AI plane was about to pass me. Ordinarily, while tuned to Ground frequency, this plane would have passed me. It had roughly 1000 ft to reach the hold short point. I then tuned in tower and guess what, that AI plane immeidately stopped (with three behind it) and did not move from that point forward at all, no matter I killed RC. I had to reboot FSX and start things up again. Whatever Tower frequency means to FSX when RC is being used, it stops all AI traffic in it's tracks to the takeoff runway. This is too weird!Randy Jura, KPDX

make a .log, directions pinned at the top of the forum. let's see what's going on.also, i think makerunways is up to 4.28you don't say what version of fsuipc you are usingjd

Guest United

Logged, zipped and sent JD. By the way, I used makerunways 4.29, the newest version as well as FSUIPC 4.3.Oh by the way, I observed ground traffic on a landing. As soon as I landed, tuned into the tower frequency (happened to be for KMFR), the AI traffic ground to a halt just as well then.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

JD,You did get the log file?Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

I sure did send it, to that addy and no return mail. I sent it again just now.Randy Jura, KPDX

just got it. i don't see anthing to indicate where rc froze any of the ai. is there anything else running that might be doing that?jd

Also I am seeing this mostly at bigger airports. I am sitting there waiting to taxi into position and hold when I hear planes on final to land. While i'm waiting on them to land they come in to land then go around. I don't hear the tower to tell them to go around.