Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Handling A/C after Otto

jd,I am doing the tutorial 3.I got some strange reaction from fsx.If I do the KSDF_KATL flight WITHOUT giving control to Otto , the flight is perfect.When I give Otto the A/C commands then the problems start: when getting back the commands:No ground control after landing (rudder turns but the A/C goes straight).I cannot reverse the engines after landing.CTRL Q activates or desactivates the approach A/P (instead of elevating the pilot seat).There are probably other abnormalties but I did not noticed them.This happened with all the variations of tutorial 3. If OTTO has never received the controls then I get a normal flight.RCV 4 is running under Vista and FSX under XP.Any idea ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

otto can't land the plane. after being cleared to land, you should hear the co-pilot say, "your plane" then, you're in control.what kind of plane are you flying?jd

jd,Yes he does say it and I take it back.I land and then I cannot turn the plane on the ground. The reverse enfine do not work.This tutorial is done withe the standard FSX B737-800

Roger

what else is running. this behavior has not been mentioned with v4 since it's release.if you are flying the plane, can you move the rudder?jd

What else ? As add ons or as functions of FSX ?Add ons: ASX, FSC 84 on the client machine (Vista Home)AISmooth on the FSX machine.No soft added recently except the upgrade for FSC84 (from FSC 83) but this upgrade was done between the tutorial 3 flights and the problems were already there.I said the rudder turns but not the plane on the ground. ( In fact I never tried to turn the plane is the sky as Otto was in charge or the ILS or the GPS - I will try this tomorrow)All this has a relation with Otto. I am not saying it is because of Otto. I will try another totally unrelated flight with and without Otto. But not before friday.Up to now I didn't care as I never use Otto. And in the future also not as I like to have all the functions for myself. But as I followed religiously the tutorial I got into trouble. I did not realize immediately the relation with Otto. So I will make more tests and give you the results.Also I use FSUIPC4 4.30 and WideFS 6.75I know or at least I did not find any mention of this behavior in the forum. I am the lucky one.Now we can try to solve this just as perfectionist or leave it as it is as I am the only one who has the problem and that I am not a real user of Otto.If you wish I can have a log but I doubt that it will help.

Roger

Roger,This is a bit of a long shot. If you have a USB yoke or rudder pedals the ports they're connected to may have the power saving option enabled. So if you didn't move the yoke/pedals for a long period they may have gone into sleep mode.Go into Device Manager and right click each of the USB entries and look at the Power Management tab to see power saving is enabled. If it is then disable it.I can't see how RC's Otto could affect this but having the autopilot engaged for long periods could be the reason.As I said it's a bit of a long shot but worth looking into.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,I will check.But I doubt it. The rudder on the tail turns with the pedals but the A/C doesn't turn at that moment on the ground. All other yoke and pedals functions O.K. when I have the problem.I also have the problem when I try to turn the plane with the key function. And elevating the pilot view with the key is also out and the reverse engine key F2 is also out. Nothing to do with the yoke or pedals.BTW the yoke and pedals are CH products and the usb's are hooked to a Belkin power supplied USB connector box.I did a quick flight today without Otto and it seemed O.K. up to the landing but I crashed on the landing (not yet that good of a pilot !!!) so I could not check the landing turns.Thank you for your suggestion.

Roger

Hi Roger,I would agree with you that it doesn't sound like a USB device having gone to sleep.I suggest on your next flight you enable Otto but once on finals you switch him off and see if you can regain manual control. If you can and the reverse thrust also works then it might be worthwhile sending a log to JD.You will need to turn on logging before you start the flight of course. He may be able to see what's happening from the log.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,>>I suggest on your next flight you enable Otto but once on finals you switch him off and see if you can regain manual control.<

Roger

Roger,The log should provide the answer. I can't imagine what the problem might be.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,Me neither. But I will take a log with Otto and another log of the same flight without Otto.Let's try to solve this problem but do not spend to much time on it.

Roger

i think what would be more desirable, no addons, stock plane panels, stock ms plane, stock ms scenery, stock ms weather.then, if it behaves normally, add one thing back at a time, until we find the culpritjd