Sign in to follow this  
ilarikousa

About AI chatter

I was wondering whether it would be possible for RC to monitor what AI is doing a bit more and give more detailed instructions (even if not exercising actual control) possibly by just repeating instructions given by MS ATC such as "American 215, turn left heading 150". Would certainly improve the feel a lot. Have you managed to improve the chatter any? (for v5 that is)

when monitoring ai, and creating chatter for it takes more cycles, and deprives rc from doing what it supposed to be doing, and that's controlling you - i have to limit how much time i spend watching what the ai are doing.are you actually aware that american 215 has turned left heading 150 - or are you just looking for ear candy?jd

I was particularly referring to this near airports, where looking for traffic and keeping watch of what they do is of much more importance, since terminal areas are busier by nature. On enroute frequencies it's more silent anyway.Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure we're going to have a great package! I hear you've even streamlined the interface? At least you mentioned this some time ago in an earlier post?