Sign in to follow this  
Guest erwin969

Live ATC Chatter in combination with Radar Contact 4: how is it working?

Guest erwin969

But only the volume of the engines going lower or also the overall sound, also from RC4? So that's not the intention.

There are simply some live streams that are not that loud, which is why Live ATC Chatter provides you the option of adjusting each frequency separately, not only the medium volume level within the 'Actions + Info' window. Double check you have 'choose Com 2' under settings, and un-check 'universal volume control'.I agree with some others, and would highly recommend a good set of headphones. That, in conjunction with the sound adjustments within Live ATC and FS should provide you with a good compromise for each to work well. remember, Live ATC Chatter provides volume levels totally separate and independent from FS sound levels.

I still don't understand the point of 'live ATC Chatter'. What real advantage is there over just tuning in an ATC Stream over the Web?I just don't see what added value this program adds to my flight sim experience for 20 bucks .

Guest erwin969

Are only the livestreams on liveatc.net working on Live ATC Chatter or also other livestreams from other websites?And whatabout the streams with more frequency's? Some streams have delivery, ground, tower on one stream so you can't give them a frequency on com2.

HelloMostly the ability to tune to streams using com2 and being able to save steams as sets and switch between them in flight with your radioHere are some city pairs set up in the favorites list notice the frequency's to tune to these streamshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193004.jpgHere are the streams being scanned to check they are active at LiveATC.net , you can then just change ATC units in flight without leaving FSX.So for instance i have just landed at KSFO i just tune my com2 to 118.60 and i have live KSFO ground control playing, much better than leaving FSX and loading the streams manually into your media player.The frequency lists are also printable for use in flights. For me it is all about not having to break the immersion factor during a flight just to change streams.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193005.jpg

These are question that Alex can probably answer best at www.cielosim.com in the forum section.It is probably not a good idea to clutter this forum with questions about someone else's product.

Guest erwin969

Why not, I don't open this topic for nothing and whe chatting a couple of days now about Live ATC Chatter. Maybe it's better there another forum part comes with questions about Live ATC Chatter.

Do you have to search for the streams or does it scan the internet for you? Every time I've ever done that it seems half of them are 'off line'.

Guest erwin969

I notice some problems with using Live ATC Chatter en Radar Contact. The sound from Live ATC Chatter and Radar Contact going through each other. I use com1 for Radar Contact en com2 for Live ATC Chatter. How can I fix that. So that's not good.

Listen...Live ATC Chatter works fine. I use it all the time with RC and have no issues with it at all in terms of working as advertised, including the limitations, quality, or availability of streams the program has no control of. If you don't like how it operates, don't use it.Pretty simple.If you have suggestion, I recommend you visit their forum and post your issues, problems, or concerns.

Guest erwin969

I don't work correctly. The traffic from RC and Live ATC Chatter are going through each other. You said to me that you can use RC and Live ATC Chatter in combination. So it's not working for me, so how is that possible?

Yes, I use it together and don't have any issues to make me stop using it.

Guest erwin969

I stop using it. It's nothing for me. I'm waiting for a new version of Radar Contact with more functionality . Or is there another program like Live ATC Chatter?

Guest ARanc

Hello all,Live ATC simply provides realtime (or offline) ATC within the sim, it does not control your AI traffic nor coordinate with it.Many people get confused and think that Live ATC automatically gets all the appropriate streams for you, this is not true. Since we do not own the streams nor control them, the user is responsible to download them. Live ATC is thus just a stream player customized to integrate with FS.If you you hear no sound within FS from Live ATC, go to your settings tab and switch from com2 to com1 and back.If you have any questions you can visit our forum via http://www.cielosim.com/forum/Cheers,http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr118/C...ielosim-Sig.png

Guest erwin969

Yes I had sound when I did that, switching between com2 and com1 but it goes trough the sound from Radar Contact 4, and that's not what I want.