Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

I Get Scolded A Little Quick!

I was wondering if there is a way of setting Radar Contact so that I get a little more of a chance to set my altitude and heading without getting scolded so quickly.Radar Contact ATC will give me an altitude and immediately I'll begin cranking the knob, but before I get a chance to set it, they are yelling "HAY DORK! I thought I told you to climb to FL200. Were you born a misfit or did it just happen over time!! Now get your butt up there before I have your pc pilot's licensed revoked!"This is making me noticeably insecure and I was hoping there is a setting somewhere that will provide me with a just a wee bit more time to set the altitudes and headings.Thank you,Bob

Hi Bob,Radar Contact ATC will give me an altitude and immediately I'll begin cranking the knob, but before I get a chance to set it, they are yelling "HAY DORK! I thought I told you to climb to FL200. Were you born a misfit or did it just happen over time!! Now get your butt up there before I have your pc pilot's licensed revoked!"Funny, I don't remember recording that sentence. ;-)Seriously, it sounds like you have Otto on comms so his reply will be instantaneous. Try switching to manual comms and then don't ack until you have started your climb.This has been tweaked in v5.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"Funny, I don't remember recording that sentence."Well, it may be a just a wee bit of an exaggeration, but it is just my interpretation based on my deflated and wounded self-esteem :-badteeth after the sever scolding.:-violinSo, you say your the one that recorded that?...Mmmmmm:-bluegrabI appreciate your advice and your right, I do have it on auto respond. I will switch to manual and see if that mean ATC man will be nicer to me.I will be watching out for v5. I have used Radar Contact for a while now and love it. It's still by far, the best ATC program out there.Thank you,Bob

Ray, will V5 be a free upgrade?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Bob,Well, it may be a just a wee bit of an exaggeration, but it is just my interpretation based on my deflated and wounded self-esteem :-badteeth after the sever scolding.:-violin :-lol If you think that one is bad trying landing after a go-around instruction! :-eek So, you say your the one that recorded that?...Mmmmmm I recorded it as did all the controllers. I didn't decide on the words - get your lawyer onto JD ;-)I will be watching out for v5. I have used Radar Contact for a while now and love it. It's still by far, the best ATC program out there.Thanks. It's always nice when people express their appreciation.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry Dave, no. Updates (4.1, 4.2) are free but v5 is a big rewrite. I believe existing owners get a discount but JD can advise better than I.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

you are correct. current owners will get an early opportunity to download v5, and a price break.jd

Sounds like a winner! I'm ready when you are. (you've toned down your scoldings a little in v5? );( just kiddingWhat are some of the new features we can expect with v5?

"I recorded it as did all the controllers. I didn't decide on the words - get your lawyer onto JD "I buy too many flight sim addons. I can't afford a lawyer! Think he might want to settle out of court?:-hang

not toned down, and there will be many morethere are a number of post by me, about what to expect in v5. do a quick search on v5jd