Sign in to follow this  
Guest erwin969

Landing and departing on one runway?

Guest erwin969

How it possible that as I hear the ATIS frequency, there is only one landing and departing runway in use for AI traffic and your own plane? I thought that your own plane have there own landing and departing runway?

if ai are taking off two different runways, atis gives the first runway it sees active by the airc will give you the same runway that the ai are using for takeoff (so you don't end up taking off the opposite end of the runway ai are taking off or landing)rc will give you the same runway the ai are landing on, so you don't end up landing into ai that are taking offor was your question something different?jd

Guest erwin969

No. But I had some problems with a landing on Dublin Airport. There are some planes before me to land but the make a go around before I land. I don't no why they did that.

The RC runway selection system is based on your scenery defined open runways. If multiple runways are available there are several factors contributing to the choice.The first priority is the runway in use by active AI. This assignment might change between ATIS and your taxi instruction delivery. This avoids any conflict especially opposing direction of AI and your aircraft. When no active AI are present runway choice is determined by suitable length and wind direction. For landing when wind speed allows an ILS equipped runway takes precedence.You can override the RC choice when responding to ground taxi instructions at your own risk by requesting another runway. You might wish to choose a runway in certain conditions that will not oppose the direction of AI such as a near parallel runway that is closer to your parking position if the runway is suitable.Similar factors apply to the runway choice approach selects.In the preflight RC window if you click the Controller tab, you'll see for each airport a dropdown window labeled runways. This will give you a list of available runways as derived from your scenery data by the scenery build database utility. Runways defined as closed in your scenery will not show in this list.If you choose a runway in this list at this time it will always override the contributing factors and could present conflicts so I highly recommend not placing a runway choice here.RC ATIS can not handle more than one runway in use in this version.

have you run a rc scenery database rebuild, by clicking the button with the same name? that way i know where your runways and taxi ways are, as opposed to the default locations.

Guest erwin969

Yes, it did that because I use a new scenery for Dublin and I do this all the time, when I use a new scenery.

Are you looking at improving the ATIS for version 5? e.g. "Landing and departing runways 28L and right"? Would be cool :D