Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Cable Rocks :)

Guest Max Cowgill

As some of you may or may not have noticed, I was again absent from the forms for a short time, this time due to my ISP cancelling my service. So I decided to ditch the dial-up and get cable. Aside from the idiot tech not being able to do the job and me having to fix it (I don't even want to get into that one) I'm extremely pleased with it so far. In fact, I love it! Now I can have real-time weather enabled in FS2K2, and actually be able to play multiplayer games, among other things. This computer's finally starting to shape up, now all I need is a decent sound card and a DVD player and I'll have everything I need.Max Cowgill

Yeah Cable is really awesome! I have it up here in Wisconsin and I just love it! My ISP was so bad that I couldn't wait to get away from them! Time Warner Cable have been great. 50 times the speed of a deal-up!Ricky

Guest Max Cowgill

>Yeah Cable is really awesome! I have it up here in Wisconsin >and I just love it! My ISP was so bad that I couldn't wait >to get away from them! Time Warner Cable have been great. >50 times the speed of a deal-up! >>Ricky Yep, using TWC Roadrunner service here in MN, too.Max Cowgill

I picked up cable a couple weeks ago. Got a router too. Now, the wife can scroll the internet on her computer while I'm on mine. That's a nice feature. Nice to download at 30 to 50 too and to open pages full of jpgs and not have to wait. Chartermi is offering basic cable plus internet and modem for $39.95. That's hard to beat.

Dead computer, ISP cancelling your account ....... don't these things come in 3's ?? Watch out for the next one.Mind - at least your are lucky enough to be able to get cable - I live out in the sticks so cable/ADSL is not an option, only ISDN!!

Max,Beware. You will find yourself filling HD's up in days ;-)

Guest Max Cowgill

>Max, >>Beware. You will find yourself filling HD's up in days ;-) I know, this 19GBer that was fine before cable is now looking miniscule. I think I might pick up a new HD tomorrow when I make my trip to Best Buy to pick up a new sound card, virus scanner, and firewall. I should have a couple hundred bucks left over after all that so we'll see...Max Cowgill

Max,I recommend Outpost as your firewall. I run it right across my network here. Excellent and .... it's free :)