Sign in to follow this  
Guest strychninekiss

RC and FS regarding traffic?

Guest strychninekiss

Hi JD and Co!I just got run over by a Airbus at JFK. I was never told to hold short while crossing RW22 on my way to my take off from RW 31L.I held short on my own whim to check both directions for traffic and sure enough there was an Airbus that had just landed..."good thing I decided to hold short"...I thought to my self, "but why wasen

Guest sanal

I am glad to hear, you are in progress developing RC-5. Will be actual taxi instructions to / From Gate parking in RC-5?RegardsSanal

it's working now. the algorithm is very dependent on scenery designers accurately naming the taxiways, and making sure they all connect and interconnect.jd

Although landing AI aircraft may cause problems, am I correct in thinking that ground taxiing AI aircraft will see you (as per normal), even though you are following RC4 instructions rather than default ATC. Of course there are no "hold position" annoucements with RC4, I rarely find a problem with ground collisions, AI traffic seems to acknowledge my existence and hold short.In fact even when taking off I don't generally get a problem, I tend to check for myself (either visually or using FS Commander) to ensure no aircraft on finals - of if they're getting close I expedite my takeoff!!!Of course full taxiing control (as per RC5) would be fantastic!RegardsMark