Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

Window display & Using on FS9 & FSX

I'm expecting my RC in the mail any day now, and have been reading & re-reading the pdf manual. I have two questions I can't find answers to. First, can the RC window which gives you the menu choices by turned off and if so how? I like to take screenies, and would need to occasionally turn it off.Second question: Is there any problem with using RC on FS9 and FSX? I fly both, and would like to use RC on both.

if you want rc for fs9 and fsx, choose the fs9 and fsx install option.that will create two directories, rcv4 and rcv4x, and shortcuts for rc for fs9 and rc for fsxthere is an entry you can make in the fsuipc.ini file, which allows any character to toggle the display on and offsearch the forum for something likeAdvDisplayHotKey=192,8

jdI just installed Radar Contact and have been having a ball with it...until I tried adding suggested command line into my fsuipc.ini file. I'm using an unregistered fsuipc 4.30 and RC 4.3.3845. I was able to get the window to appear/hide using the 'AdvDisplayHotKey=192,8' line in the general section of fsuipc.ini but couldn't get any of the other command keys to work after that. I removed the line out of the ini file and still have been unable to get any of the other RC key commands to work! I unistalled and reinstalled both RC and fsuipc with the same results. I've no idea what to try next but now I basically can't use RC now because it won't accept any key commands.Help!Brent

i believe the key would have been the backward appostrophemove the fsuipc.ini file out of the modules directoryrestart fs, fsuipc will generate a new fsuipc.ini filestart rcsee if it works againjd

I did all that several times including reinstalling to no avail. I did run across something in a search in this forum where it was mentioned to make sure that the FSX flight loaded (which I took to mean plane sitting on the tarmac) before pushing the 'start RC' button. Since I never run in window mode this wasn't something that I had been doing and when I did RC accepted the keys just fine. Very strange though because I know that I hadn't followed that process before and I had no problems with the keys getting recognized. You may also want to clarify this in the manual (what can I say, I like reading manuals!).ThanksBrent