Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Long delays

After reinstalling Windows I encountered a problem when trying to use Radar Contact 4.3 with the MADDOG2006. After every command to it and between every responsde there is a long delay (a minute or more)What could this be? I have never experienced something like it before.

do you have display text checked on the options screen, in rc?does this happen on all planes, or just this one?what version of fsuipc do you have. don't say, "the latest"jd

>do you have display text checked on the options screen, in>rc?>No>does this happen on all planes, or just this one?>Don't know. Have only tried RC with the MADDOG after the Win reinstall.>what version of fsuipc do you have. don't say, "the latest">Should be fileversion 3.8.2.0

>does this happen on all planes, or just this one?>After trying with LD767 I discover that soon after starting RC it crashes with the following messagesC:programrc4winwood99whitepoint US.wavtmpwavefile.divisor=0thenrun time error 6andradarcontact.fsuipc.rc4codeand the same now also happened with maddog flight I first referred to.

what windows language are you running?i don't support double byte character set languages (chinese, japanese, korean, etc)jd

>what windows language are you running?>>i don't support double byte character set languages (chinese,>japanese, korean, etc)>>jdNo such langughes. I use Swedish

create a .logstart fs, click fly now, sit at a gatestart rc, click debug, load a .pln, click start rcduplicate the problem, zip up the .log and send it to mejd

>create a .log>>start fs, click fly now, sit at a gate>>start rc, click debug, load a .pln, click start rc>>duplicate the problem, zip up the .log and send it to me>>jdHave done so now

>create a .log>>start fs, click fly now, sit at a gate>>start rc, click debug, load a .pln, click start rc>>duplicate the problem, zip up the .log and send it to me>I still encounter these long delays and sent a log some days ago.I have found out that the delays was there when I started FS with a utility called alacrity PC which stops background services and program. So what services needs to ne running for RC to function properly?

there are not background services i requirei replied to you about the log you sent.after looking at it again, it seems all the controllers have the delay slider set in the middle.move the controller sliders all the way to the left, and try againjd

>there are not background services i require>>i replied to you about the log you sent.>>after looking at it again, it seems all the controllers have>the delay slider set in the middle.>>move the controller sliders all the way to the left, and try>again>Tried that and still I see the problem when i start FS with alacrity.After starting RC4 I choose 2> for weatherbriefing. The advdisplay window updates more slowly and I don't hear the weatherbrifing. As soon as I quit FS the weather briefing start playing. So something in the alacrity config blocks RC. What could that be?

you shouldn't have advdisplay.dll in the modules directory. if you have it there, delete itfsuipc.dll does the menu displays now.can you make another .log file, and send it to me, duplicating the problem again?jd

I seem to have found the cause of the problem. After changing FS9.exe priority in alacrityPC from high to normal RC behaved more normal

why on earth would you be changing priorities on anything?what does alactritypc do, anyway?jd

>why on earth would you be changing priorities on anything?>I thought I could get better performence from FS9>what does alactritypc do, anyway?>Basically the same thing as FSautostart. Turns off background services and program before starting a main application (FS9)and defrag memory.