Sign in to follow this  
Guest strychninekiss

RC Controllers give weird alt?

Guest strychninekiss

Hi!On two flights now in Europe the controller vectors me to the final but at FL8000! I have no chance to descend 6000-6500 feet with in a few miles for a safe landing.Usually I am at app. 1500-2500 feet when turned on to final?Whats wrong?First time was when landing at LFML and now it is at Turin airport.Regards//William

i have no idea. i bet it has something to do with transition altitudes, transition levels, qnh, and data entrycreate a .log, instructions pinned at the top of the forumduplicate the problem, and send me the .logjd

If you are approaching LFML from the north to southeast quadrant the charts show high terrain with an MSA of 8000 feet. On the controller tab in RC it should show the MSA used for that airport.LIMF has from northeast to south an MSA of 3600 but elsewhere 12,000 or above.In territories like these where spotty high terrain surrounds the airport the standard approach patterns will not work very well and use of charts and declaring an IAP on approach contact to do your own navigation using established published corridors via STARS and IAP charts is highly recommended.