Sign in to follow this  
soldano

Problems at C.de Gaulle

>which plans cause the problem? or do they all?>>open the dataa4.csv file with notepad, not excel, notepad>>press ctrl-f, and then type in lfpo>>if there are entries found, copy and paste them into your>reply here>>jdJDThis is the correspondant line in a4.csv. LFPO, , 48.7263 , 2.366914 , 2 , 291 , 11961 Thanksn

And what do you have for LFPG?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>>And what do you have for LFPG?>>Cannot find LFPG in a4.csvIn the FS9 RC4 version it is present, should I copy the line in RC4X ?

Yes, copy that line and that should eliminate the problem. Remember to use NotePad.If that's the only airport you've had a problem then that should be the end of it. Quite why LFPG was the only airport affected is strange. Perhaps JD has the answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Yes, copy that line and that should eliminate the problem.>Remember to use NotePad.>>If that's the only airport you've had a problem then that>should be the end of it. Quite why LFPG was the only airport>affected is strange. Perhaps JD has the answer.Well, that fixed the problem, now it is all OK with LFPG.-Really strange as I reinstalled both RC4 FS9 and FSX versions and rebuilt the db in both.-Thanks for all

Excellent! :-) As for the database building I'll defer to JD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

what version of makerwys.exe is in the fs9 root directory? what version is in the fsx root directory?jd

>what version of makerwys.exe is in the fs9 root directory?>what version is in the fsx root directory?>>jdFs9 V 4120FSX V 4290

copy makerwys.exe from the fsx root directory, and paste it into the fs9 root directory, and replacestart rcclick the rc scenery rebuild buttonnow open runways.txt in the fs9 root directory with notepad, and press ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enterdo we find it?now go to the rcv4data directory, open a4.csv with notepadpress ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enterdo we have any entries?now go to the rcv4data directory, open r4.csv with notepadpress ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enterdo we have any entries?

As I said before, the main problem was fixed when I copied the LFPG line from the FS9 a4.csv file to the FSX a4.csv file, in which that line was absent.-Now when positioned in LFPG and opening RC4, it seems there are not runways present, as the ground control send me to runway 00, and the request runway option have no effect at all.-So I tried rebuilding again the database, which I can only do from the makerwys.exe from the root FSX folder, (The RC4 panel button option seems not to work as it opens and instantly inform it has been actualiced)When I tried again from LFPG, the main problem returned as again the plane slews far and over the sea.- So I checked the a4.csv file and found that the LFPG line had dissapeared after the rebuilding.-What can I do ?

>copy makerwys.exe from the fsx root directory, and paste it>into the fs9 root directory, and replace>>start rc>>click the rc scenery rebuild button>>now open runways.txt in the fs9 root directory with notepad,>and press ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enter>>do we find it?>>now go to the rcv4data directory, open a4.csv with notepad>>press ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enter>>do we have any entries?>>now go to the rcv4data directory, open r4.csv with notepad>>press ctrl-f and type lfpg and then enter>>do we have any entries?I copied the new makerways.exe from FSX to FS9.- Clicked the rebuild button, some boxes opened and instantly one of them informs it is finished, as I thought that was wrong, I tried opening makerways.exe from the root folder and then the process seemed to work, as it took some time to complete and the box showed the advance.-I can tell you that LFPG is present in both FS9 and FSX runways.txt files.- It is also present in RCV4 r4.csv and a4.csv.- In RCV4X as I said before, I copied the LFPG line in a4.csv, which afterwards disappeared when I rebuilt the db.-I checked in r4.csv and it is not present.-

running makerwys.exe by itself, from the fs root directory, is not going to work for rc.you have to click the rc scenery rebuild button in rc, for the scenery to be scanned, and the correct files created.copying a line from one file to another, may make the problem go away, it is not correct, and will break other things.start rcclick debugclick the rc scenery rebuild buttontell me what the questions are, and what your answers arethen send me the .log filejd@jdtllc.comalso zip up the runways.txt file in the root of fs9, and send it to mejd

check my other reply.quit copying lines from one file to another. you're just going to break thingsif the rc scenery rebuild doesn't work, then that's the problem, and let's fix itjd

start rcclick debugclick rc scenery rebuildzip up the .log, and runways.txt and send to jd@jdtllc.comalso verify, the versions of makerwys.exe in eash fs root directoryjd