Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soldano

Problems at C.de Gaulle

I have a strange problem: I select in FSX a plan starting from LFPG, situate the aircraft in the airport, then open RC4, select the plan, and when started, my aircraft is flying far and over the sea.- I can reposition it to the departure point, but then the RC4 clearence option is different than normal: "CLR by FSS", it begin with a phone call, and no ground communication option follows.-I noticed that in the controller info all LFPG departure frequencies are in 0, while the arrival airport has all it frequencies OK.- When I unload FSX, and reload the same plan within RC4 all LFPG frequencies reappear.-I uninstalled and reinstalled RC4 and rebuilt the database and the problem persists.-It doesnt happen with other departure airports, or when LFPG is the arrival airport.-

Jorge Soldano

Strange indeed. I suspect your aircraft is being placed at 0N, 0E somwhere south of Nigeria.Try positioning the aircraft at LFPG before loading a plan in FSX. Is the problem just with the one plan? Can you attach it so we can take a look?What aircraft are you using? If your aircraft has a FMS/CDU then the plan only needs to be loaded into that and not FSX. But if you're flying one that doesn't have a FMS/CDU then yes, a plan does need loading.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I tried with the Lear default and with the Pic B737 and PMDG B747.-I tried also positioning the aircraft in LFPG before loading the flight plan and RC4.-I created several LFPG/EGLL plans with the FSX flightplanner and Flightsim Commander 8, and with all of them had the same problem.-Thanks

Jorge Soldano

You are right, I always found my plane situated on the sea, near the west coast of Africa.-

Jorge Soldano

This gets stranger. As I asked earlier can you attach one of these plans so we can look at it please?Try a flight from Paris Orly - LFPO from memory. It's only a few miles from LFPG and will help identify if the LFPG scenery is at fault.If that also fails it would help if you could create a log, replicate the problem and then send it to JD. Full instructions on how to do this are pinned on the forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

have your clicked the rebuild rc scenery database?sound like your airport hasn't been included in the rc database, and when rc loads, it places you at the default location for any non-existant airport, 0/0jd

I'm not aware of any 3rd party scenery for LFPG so we're probably talking about the default one.The flight plan includes starting lat/lon doesn't it so that would be a clue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have only the default LFPG.-I have no problems with a LFPO/EGLL flight plan, everything works OK.-I dont know how to attach a file here, instead I can mail them to you.- Besides, one of the plans was a simple Vor to Vor route LFPG/EGLL plan made within FSX planner.-Thanks

Jorge Soldano

>have your clicked the rebuild rc scenery database?>>sound like your airport hasn't been included in the rc>database, and when rc loads, it places you at the default>location for any non-existant airport, 0/0>>jdYes, I did it before and after the reinstallation of RC4

Jorge Soldano

I guessed it would be the default. But we really need to see one of these plans.When you reply if you scroll down the page you'll see a link named Click here to choose your attachments. You'll need to zip up a plan - right-click it and choose send to compressed file. Then attach the .zip and choose .zip as the type.The route is irrelevant. I'm curious why this is happening with a default airport.Do you run RC4 on the same computer as FSX?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>I guessed it would be the default. But we really need to see>one of these plans.>>When you reply if you scroll down the page you'll see a link>named Click here to choose your attachments. You'll>need to zip up a plan - right-click it and choose send to>compressed file. Then attach the .zip and choose .zip as the>type.>>The route is irrelevant. I'm curious why this is happening>with a default airport.>>Do you run RC4 on the same computer as FSX?I run RC4 in the same computer as FSX.- I send attached my LFPO/EGLL plans.-Thanks

Jorge Soldano

I've loaded LFPG-EGLL into RC v4.3.3845 and it's fine. I'm running RC across a network but that shouldn't be a factor.Check your version. It should be as above. If not then I'm sure JD will intervene.At this stage all I can suggest is you create a log, replicate the problem and send it to his private box. He should be able to spot what's going wrong.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

which plans cause the problem? or do they all?open the dataa4.csv file with notepad, not excel, notepadpress ctrl-f, and then type in lfpoif there are entries found, copy and paste them into your reply herejd

JD,The problem is only at LFPG. I asked he try a flight from LFPO as that is only a couple of miles away. LFPO is fine. Of those flights supplied try the LFPG-EGLL one. I was able to fly that without problem.The LFPG entry in a4.csv will provide the clue I think. I, like you, suspect there isn't one which would be very strange but would at least provide the reason for the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather