Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

General Options question

I've been using RC now for several weeks in FS9 and FSX and generally like it. I have noticed it's using a lot of resources in my computer...FRs down some, etc. My question involves the Display Text area of General Options. I've checked it since I've apparently had some problems understanding some controllers (I get yelled at about that!), but I haven't seen any text show up. Where should I look for it?

it would appear in a greenish background fs window where all the other fs messages appear.i would turn off that optionwhat are you getting yelled at?let's get you over that speed bumpjd

Okay, I gather it should appear right along with the RC selections. It doesn't.When I say I'm getting yelled at, I am of course refering to the critique at the end of a flight. For whatever reason I seem to miss some of what is told to me by the controllers sometimes, causing me to go to the wrong altitude or something. I just thought it would be handy to have the script.

the display text for hearing impaired is in a different window than the rc menus.usually, if you are doing something wrong enroute, you are getting yelled at enrouteif you want to create a .log of your next flight, and send it to me, the directions are pinned at the top of the forumsend it to me, and i can tell you where your areas of improvement arejd

Okay, don't worry about the "yelling at me part". I'm just talking about the critque at the end, and that's no big deal. Maybe I am a bit hard of hearing but sometimes I can't fully understand some controllers. If the script is supposed to be up top scrolling along like Active Sky's weather used to, then I think it doesn't work because on page 34 in the RC set up it said to check "Hide all single line messages" in FSUIPC. Could this be why I don't see it? I know I don't see the Active Sky weather anymore since checking that.

uncheck it. do you see active weather messages? maybe the rc messages will appear too.you don't want the single line messages going to the fsuipc display, thoughjd

That worked! I unchecked the "hide single line message" deal on FSUIPC, and now it's showing both the Active Weather messages and the RC script. Thanks,Bill