Sign in to follow this  
Guest erwin969

RC4 error: component 'mscomct2.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Guest erwin969

I have installed RC4 on my laptop with Vista but when I start RC4 I have an error: 'component 'mscomct2.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'.How can I fix that?

Guest erwin969

Sorry, I don't see the fix for mscomct2.ocx in this FAQ.

Guest erwin969

Ok, I have the following Regsvr32 error: Module 'mscomct2.ocx' is loaded but Dllregisterserver is failed errorcode: 0x8002801c

is this vista?did you start the cmd prompt with admin privileges? (right mouse click the dos prompt icon in the start/program files/accessories, and then click run as administrator)is this 64 bit vista? if so, are the missing dll's, ocx's in the syswow64 directory? you have to register them from there on 64 bit vistajd

Guest erwin969

>is this vista?>>did you start the cmd prompt with admin privileges? (right>mouse click the dos prompt icon in the start/program>files/accessories, and then click run as administrator)>>is this 64 bit vista? if so, are the missing dll's, ocx's in>the syswow64 directory? you have to register them from there>on 64 bit vista>>jd No I can use the dos promt program no normaly. This is a 32 bit version from Vista, ocx file is in the system32 folder.

Guest erwin969

Update: it's working fine now. I use it as an administrator and it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Guest backlight

Hi,i got windows Vista 64 and got the same probleme with the adminstartormode. I downloaded the mscomct2.ocx file and opned a DOS box enterd:Cd \windows\system32than:regsvr32 mscomct2.ocxNow i got a message that the regestration was succesful. If I run now RC in adminmode, I got the same probleme. I hope anyone can help me, please! I'm so disappointed cause i buy the add on and now i dont can use it :-(

Hi,i got windows Vista 64 and got the same probleme with the adminstartormode. I downloaded the mscomct2.ocx file and opned a DOS box enterd:Cd \windows\system32than:regsvr32 mscomct2.ocxNow i got a message that the regestration was succesful. If I run now RC in adminmode, I got the same probleme. I hope anyone can help me, please! I'm so disappointed cause i buy the add on and now i dont can use it :-(
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...st&p=669746two posts above. 64 bit vista and windows 7, have to use \syswow64jd

Guest backlight

Hi,thank you, now I tried it with syswow64, but its still the same popleme :( Does anybody knows the dependencies of mscomct2.ocx?

Hi,thank you, now I tried it with syswow64, but its still the same popleme :( Does anybody knows the dependencies of mscomct2.ocx?
did you start the cmd window as admin?click start, type in cmd in the search box, highlight the cmd.exe it finds. press ctrl-shift-enter, not enter, not double clicking it.you can't register it, unless you are running as adminand of course, the mscomct2.ocx has to be in the \syswow64 directory.

Guest backlight

I will descripe now exactly what I do:1: Load mscomct2.ocx from http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/suppo...me=MSCOMCT2.OCX2: Save it in C:\Windows\SysWOW643: Run CMD as Adminstrator 3.1:enter Cd \windows\syswow64 (enter) 3.2:enter regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx (enter) 3.3:I get a message from RegSvr32 that the registration was sucessful.4: I run RC as Adminstrator and got the same errormesgge: RC4 error: component 'mscomct2.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Guest backlight

I'm so happy!!! I find the error!!! Its the Vista Benutzerkontosteuerun (Dont know how to say in english, i mean that what ask you when would install a program or anything like that.

I'm so happy!!! I find the error!!! Its the Vista Benutzerkontosteuerun (Dont know how to say in english, i mean that what ask you when would install a program or anything like that.
I know its a old topic, but I have exactly the same problem. I don't know what you mean by this, but I really want to know!Martin