Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

RC4 Newb...

All,Well - I finally got around to purchasing RC4... It's been on my list for a while - but - you know how it goes...I started up and completed my very first flight - and - I guess I have a few quesions... I've only made a single flight - and - I've never used RC in any flavor before - so please bare with me...FIRST FLIGHT: FS9 KEYW to KMIA in the POSKY USAIR ERJ145LR...I used the basic FS9 planner to create my IFR plan - no SIDS - no STARS... Keep it simple - right...Really miss the taxi instructions - I see it's planned for RC5 - awesome...Upon take off - I never recieved any vectors or guidance to get me on my planned route... RC4 just let me fly off heading 270 (I almost hit Mexico - LOL) and only gave me altitude changes... Am I supposed to turn on my own - or - am I doing something wrong ???I did receive a delay when I finally made the mainland and ATC guided me around two very large box patterns prior to clearing me into Miami airspace... Nice change from the old FS9 ATC...When on final - I noticed a constant stream of AI traffic crossing my runway... It never stopped for me and I got the "go around" a few hundred feet off the deck... Is this normal ??? I thought RC4 controlled the AI - no ???What is the best flight planner to use ??? I have used FS Navigator in the past - but - it looks like it is no longer for sale... I just tried the freeware "Super Flight Planner" but it is not as easy to use as I remember FS Navigator being...Anyways - just my observations from my very first experience with RC4... It looks like it will add a whole new dimension to FS9... Thanks for the great product and I look forward to including it in my FS use...Thanks,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

i might suggest flying the tutorials, before doing your own.1) no vectors, that sounds like a departure procedure. how far from the departure airport was the first checkpoint? Were you given a heading to fly, or runway heading? did clearance say anything about "...via departure procedure then as filed..."2) sounds like you were in delay vectors, or you missed your crossing restriction. hard to say.3) did you run the rebuild rc scenery database, by clicking the button with the same name? that explain the ai taxiing around.also, what version of fsuipc is installed?seriously, though, read the manual, and fly some tutorials. then fly this flight again and see if it goes better.jd

Hi JD, I did run the "rebuild scenery database" prior to starting RC4 for the first time... On the other issues - I could have missed something... The first checkpoint was a VOR less than three miles from Key West - the departure airport... I did hear it say something about a departure procedure - but - there are none that I am aware of... I'll give it another shot over the weekend... Thanks for the prompt response !!!Have a good day...Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

rc doesn't know whether there is a DP or not. when the first checkpoint is inside 30 miles, that part of the .pln is considered a DP.that's why you didn't get any vectors. rc doesn't vector you around the DP.between now and the weekend, skim through the manual. it isn't painful, honest :-)jd