Sign in to follow this  

Alaskan Scenery...

Guest Twister

Hi,I'd like to know if Naji's packages are compatible with Ed Denney's Alaska mesh.Any input would be greatly appreciated.CheersTwister

Hi, Twister. My sceneries are designed for and tested with both FS2002 default mesh and the low-resolution Alaska mesh by Eddie Denney.They are not designed for the hi-res mesh by Eddie. You can of course put them together, but it has been reported that on some of the sceneries, abnormal placements of objects take place because of the extra elevation details in the hi-res mesh.

Guest Twister

Hi Naji,Thanks for the reply. I didn't even know there were two different mesh created by Ed Denney ! I downloaded the mesh from the Timberwolf Airways' site - any idea of the version they have on their server for download ?What kind of difference is there between the two different versions in terms of performance ?Thanks againTwister

You can immediately tell which one it is: the low-res mesh is about 10MB or so, the hi-res is a monster of many files, each one of which is a sub-monster by itself :-lol. I don't have the details right now. Of course the hi-res will give you a more faithful depiction of the landscape, but this would also impact your framerate.

Guest Lizardo

I use the high res, and Naji is my friend, and a great designer, so I hope I can say this..MOST work with the high res. (and that is true of any scenery add-ons). I prefer VFR and like the high res, so where they don't work it's ok; sometimes humerous. It's a matter of the scenery being done, and then a new res comes along...not a fault of the designer at the time. So, in a nutshell, you can use defualt terrain with many add ones..and they'll look fine, or high res and some of them look "off the mark" by yards/meters.

Guest Heather 636

I was just getting ready to install that Hi-Res Alaska terrain, but then, I love your work Naji. :(Guess we'll just press the button and see what happens (NEVER let me in a nuclear power facility).Cheers!Heather

Guest Lizardo

Ya..but it is kinda fun to try to land on the SIDE of a mountain sometimes, or admire the waterfalls at Yellowknife, or even the several "mesas", or sunken airports in the default. :-)

Guest Twister

Hi Naji,Thanks for your precisions. I guess I installed the hi-rez mesh then...it seriously impacted my frame rate - time to buy a better machine...I got to make a choice, will I buy a new PC or a new GPS ? ...LOLCheers,Twister

I must be blind as I haven't seen the problems with Naji's awesome sceneries with Denney's high res Alaska mesh. I wonder if this is because I have several flatten/exclude switches for Alaska for another scenery. Hrmm

Thanks for your kind words, Heather, Lizardo and JData. One scenery that was reported to me as having object miplacements with the hi-res mesh is Fox Outpost2 if I remember correctly.All the best.

Guest Heather 636

You are correct Naji. I've been moving right along reinstalling your stuff (a major foulup the other day has caused me to start all over again with a fresh install :( )I haven't even gotten to the "flatten" details yet and so far, with the exception of Outpost 2, everything looks great!Cheers!Heather

I'll take a visit to the Outpost2 and see. Naji do you have plans to for more dynamic scenery? Just think of ppl, bear or a deer roaming around. :)No pressure. Very relaxing scenery!