Sign in to follow this  
Paintwagon

In-flight Flight Plan

Can you post an in-flight flight plan like you can in the default FS ATC and resume your flight from current location??

check the manual. the tutorials are full of examples of saving a flight with rc, and resuming from where you savedand there are detailed instructions on how to do this, in the manualhave you flown any of the tutorials? that might be helpfuljd

I know you can "save" a flight plan after in flight. Yes, I have flown several of the tutorials.. My question was: Can you open an in flight flight plan and resume ATC from your current location, not from a previously saved flight?

you're not saving a flight plan when you press ; or ctrl-shift-;you are saving the state of rc (i guess you could say you are saving the state of RC's ATC), and the state of fsyou can then load that RC saved state, and start fs and rc from where you saved.if you are opening a flight plan, aren't you starting from the beginning of the flight plan? wouldn't the departure airport be your current location?if you are asking, can i take off, fly around, sight see, open a flight plan, and fly the flight plan, and RC somehow knows how to start from where you are - the answer is no.

OK, Thank you... Your last statement is what I wanted to know.. the default fs ATC will pick up and continue a flight plan.. All that is needed is to adjust your GPS accordingly.. Thanks again...

Hello JD,I use the RC for about a week, and I use FSBuild to make a flihgt plane, when I load the *pln from the RCit works ok, as you know I have to modified the route like the SID's and STAR on the FMC, it happend many times that ATC on the RC asks to change my heading for example to 200 degree, while I'm still flying according the flight plan on FMC, that heading will be my last heading to distanation airport, it say while I still have to fly about 200 Nm, what have I done wrong here? or is it normal, that I have to change my heading by doing (Slecect heading)

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

you have two choices as i see itfind a way to make the sid and star part of the .pln before you load it into the fmc. i know fsbuild has that capability. in the manual i believe this is all covered in the flight planning section. have you read it?or if you change the .pln in the fmc, by adding the sid, and star, find a way to save what is in the fmc to a .pln file format (why do these fancy planes, with fancy fmc's, not have the simple capacity of saving to a .pln file format?)or, you do what rc tells you to do, and you won't be yelled at.jd

it means that,it is not possiable to modify the.pln in the FMC by adding the sid, and star, am I right?

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

i don't use an fmc, i have no idea.if the fmc and the .pln in rc are different, rc always wins. it is the controller that gets to tell you what to do.it amazes me that all this fmc functionality, and no ability to save to a .pln filedid you read the section in the manual about sids, stars, flight planning, and fsbuild? one whole sample is dedicated to flight planning in fsbuild.jd

I may be wrong but I think what Paintwagon was looking for was the ability to cancel the flight plan on a long flight and then resume it when close to the destination which is handy with the default ATC to avoid the continuous redundant hand-offs you would have deal with. With RC4 you can give the comm duties to the FO and that way leave the sim and do other things while the flight is in progress.

I may be wrong but I think what Paintwagon was looking for was the ability to cancel the flight plan on a long flight and then resume it when close to the destination which is handy with the default ATC to avoid the continuous redundant hand-offs you would have deal with. With RC4 you can give the comm duties to the FO and that way leave the sim and do other things while the flight is in progress.
and you can set the pause at distance option, and select 200 miles as your pause point. then go to bed, wake up, fs paused 200 miles out, and you can fly the end of your flight, fresh and alert :-)jd

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it sounds like one of the questions is about the RC ATC taking the pilot "off" his planned arrival route (STAR) and telling the pilot to do something else.That is a realistic possibility in real-world flying, and is NOT a problem with the RC program. If you are using any FMC in FSX that is realistic, it should allow you to change the route and\or waypoints of the plan that is already loaded into the FMC. If the pilot doesn't know how to do THAT with the FMC, then that is the problem...not RC's ATC. You should always EXPECT any ATC to change your loaded route while flying...and know how to "re-program" your navigation tools QUICKLY (...this is not the time to have to be pulling out the User's Manual and take 5 minutes to delete\re-enter new waypoints) to accomodate that change. Otherwise, your only option is to turn OFF the autopilot's navigation functions (as related to your loaded route) and start flying the aircraft yourself.Works the same way with the default FSX GPS. You need to know how to re-program it QUICKLY also. Get those manuals out and start practicing doing those things until you don't need to reference the manual to do them anymore.FalconAF

Rick Ryan