Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi54

RC 4.3 - Newbie Questions

Hi,2 newbie questions using RC 4.3. I use PMDG 747X.1. When going to Atis I get the FSX Atis speaking at the same time. I've seen somewhere there is a way to avoid this. Any ideas?2. Using headphones I have a Yoga USB adaptor to split the background mouse from ATC voices. Any suggestion as to settings for this. should I use PMDG or FSX?Many thanks,Peter,New Zealand.

Hi Peter,For 1 you need to switch off the ATC sound option. You'll find it (from memory) under Settings-Sound.I don't understand your second question, sorry.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank Ray for the response to 1.You're right. Number 2 didn't make sense because of the reference at the end to PMDG/FSX. Senior moment.What I meant to say was when you have a USB adaptor that splits the headphone and voice signals on headphones you can set them separately in FSX Settings - Sound. Under Windows sound drivers there are 2 drop down tabs, one for sound and one for voice.The USB adaptor allows only the RC4 ATC voices to come through the headphones and the general aircradt noise to come through the speakers.I was wondering whether anyone had the right settings for the drop down tabs to get the ATC voice only coming through the headphones.Thanks,Peter.

Hi Peter,I don't know the answer to that problem, sorry. Hopefully someone can come to your rescue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather