Sign in to follow this  
Pierre789

Saving RCD files with Radar Contact

I have just downloaded RDC4.3, every thing works fine, and it's very pleasant to use it, but I have a problem : I can't save any RCD file, whatever the way I use, as explained in the tutorials (default RC keys, FS menu).Have you some explanation ?I don't know if it is important but my FSUIPC is the 4.30 version.Thanks a lot !Pierre LFRS

is fs running when you press ; or ctrl-shift-; ?does fs have focus when you press ; or ctrl-shift-; ?have you defined the path to where fs stores the .flt and .wx files? click the .flt/.wx button

Thanks, I had not defined the path where FS could store the files.but...,I did it, and now when using the FS menu for saving, an .RCD file seemed to be correctly created. RC shows these files when I press the button "Load previously saved files .RCD", but when I try to select one, a pop up appears, saying ... "file not found" !!It seems that I need a little more helpThank you

when you save a .rcd file, there needs to be three files with the same name, in the same directoryx.rcd, x.flt, x.wxit is saying file not found because one or more of those files are not in the same directoryi suspect that fs is storing the x.flt and x.wx files in one location, and you have told tc to save the .rcd in a different locationjd

Thank you very much jd, that is true, my files were stored in different directories .PierreLFRS

Hi JohnI'm very sorry, but there is always a little problem :1 - I can't save anything when using the default RC key ctrl-shift-;2 - When I save a flight in fs, by pressing the ";" or using the fs menu, I create, in the same directory, 4 files : an .rcd an .wx an .fssave and a file without any extension (its type is "Microsoft application", its size is 20 Ko)Is it the .flt file I'm looking for ?3 - When I load RC, I load the flight plan and then, press the icon "load previously saved .rcd". 4 - I choose the .rcd file in the list, and a pop up appears "RC can't load the .flt".5 - FS shuts down !Have you somme more explanations please ?Thank you Pierre

1) did you click the .flt/.wx button, and define the path where the .flt and .wx files go?1) send me a .log, when you do a save with ctrl-shift-; (is any other program using that key combination?)2) not sure what the file with no extension. do you have the option to hide the extension of known file types?3) you don't load a .pln and then the .rcd - just load the .rcd (this is covered many times in the manual and in all of the tutorials)4) probably because there is no .flt file - you need to find where it is going. rc doesn't actually create the file, fs does5) probably natural for fs to close when it can't load a .flt filejd

Answers :1) I did it.The path is "D:Mes documentsUtilisateurFichiers Flight simulator X (=My filesuserflight simulator X files)1) I don't know what's happening when I press ctrl-shiht-; because there is no answer, no message, nothing. I don't know any other program using that key combination2) When I ask my PC to select all the .flt files, all these files with no extension are selected = all the flights I've saved in fs.3) I load the .pln then the .rcd !!! Perhaps that's the problem ! ! I haven't been careful of that.I go back to fs and I'll come back

Sorry, no more success when I just load the .rcdI see that the file can't be loaded : the process stops just after the first blue mark.In fact, the files with no extensions are ... the .flt files !!(the option was selected). So the .flt .wx et .rcd files are in the same directory. The names of these files are for example 747 Toff CDG.FLT and 747 Toff CDG.WX and 747 toff CDG.rcdThe .flt and .rcd are small files (20 and 50 Ko), .wx = 3350 KoI hope we are approaching !thanksPierre

1) there is a message in the fsuipc display, that tells you the path and the name of the .rcd file being stored.2) as i suspected, you have the folders options in windows set to hide extensions of known file types3) that's not the problem, but it's not right.make a log of you saving a .rcd with ctrl-shift-;send me the .logjd

1) On the attached file, you can see my FSUIPC display. I don't see anything about the .rcd file2) On the other attached file you have my latest.log file saved with ctrl-shift-;3) Perhaps the problem may be as I use an AZERTY keyboard. For example, my default save key in fs, is not ; (954) but a "$" key (804),second right after "P".3) Must I change in RC the keyboard designation ? I fact, I've already tried to change ctrl-shift-; (954) with ctrl-shift-$ (804), but the result was the same : nothing occurs !have a good WE

1) the fsuipc display shows the rcd being saved when you press ctrl-shift-; - briefly. it doesn't stay there. if you never see it, i'm never seeing the ctrl-shift-; - which means another program is grabbing it before me.if you press ; and fs asks for the file name and description, do you have a .flt, .wx, and a .rcd file saved in the .flt/.wx path?2) that is an fsuipc log. doesn't help me. i need an rc log. instructions on how to make one is pinned at the top of the forum3) well, yes, if ctrl-shift-; isn't a ctrl-shift-; key code that would definitely cause the problem. wish you'd mentioned it earlier.whatever you have defined on the rc keyboard screen, is what i'm looing for. i even display the numeric code i'm looking for on the keyboard screen, so you know what key code i'm looking forjd