Sign in to follow this  
Guest erwin969

'I say again, reduce speed to...' messages to fast after each other

Guest erwin969

I'm anoying that the 'I say again, reduce speed to...' are comming to fast after each other while I'm reducing my speed to the speed ATC want me to fly. How can I solve this?

Delay your acknowledgment until after the speed starts getting down as long as you are not close to a checkpoint to be credited. (A delayed ack could prevent a checkpoint credit as you pass it.)Consider your aircraft type and the need to request an earlier descent if necessary in order to avoid "diving" to meet crossing restrictions. You can do this by requesting a lower altitude while enroute before the forty mile range where approach gets involved. Learn the distance limits for speed and reduce it to a median value in advance. Speed restrictions are by altitude and when you are considered in the approach pattern.

Guest erwin969

Sorry, I don't no what you mean, my English is not so good to read what you mean.

Do not give an RC keyboard response right away when asked to reduce speed. Start making your aircraft reduce speed and when it gets near the requested speed go ahead and do the menu key for acknowledge.If you pass a waypoint while RC is still waiting for you to acknowledge a command, it will not recognize that you have passed the waypoint so be careful in not giving an acknowledgement right away.You are expected to be at or below 210 knots when about thirty miles or less from the airport due to the airport traffic pattern required for larger airports. Plan ahead before you are even requested to do this. If necessary before getting this request ask RC for a lower altitude as you approach your destination if it looks like you are getting too close to the airport at a high altitude. If you are too close too high, a fast steep descent will be necessary making it difficult to slow the aircraft.There is also an option called NOTAMS which can be checked for the departure and approach phases in the RC preflight controller settings screen for each airport. If this is checked when in approach you will get an "if possible" before an altitude change command. This will let you descend below the requested altitude without RC complaining. Be sure you know how low you can go without hitting terrain objects. By using a lower altitude if possible earlier on, you can avoid a sudden fast steep descent which can cause a too fast airspeed with your engines at idle.If your aircraft has spoilers (speed brakes) you can use these to reduce airspeed in a steep descent until very close to the airport.It is all about knowing your airplane and planning ahead. It will come easier with experience.Fly the tutorials or at least read through them to see what RC ATC expects from you during take-off and landing procedures.What languages are you fluent in? Perhaps some can translate a reply when needed.