Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

When will PROJECT AI Be online???

Guest HeavyFan

Hey there all! I was just wondering when Project Ai will be online?? I keep going to thier new web site address and it still say's Under construction?? I need to download thier planes for Ai traffic as I did not get a chance to Downlaod all the planes and liveries before they closed!!-:( I heard they make better Frames when airports are full of traffic! I want to try then out, since I am using POSKY's, Mike stones, and the default planes for Ai and sometimes they really make my Frames crawl when on the ground at a busy airport! So PLEASE AI give us a clue as to when you will have the Downloads available!! MIKE-:)

Guest HeavyFan

what you talking about Chumly?? It's not a pay site!! Pay if you want to help them pay for the sever not to get into the site!! Anway anyone else know? MIKE-:)

Guest Matt Johnson

Sounds like splitting semantics to me given what I've heard from others -- but, ho-hum, their choice.--M

You do not need to pay to get access to their site. If you do not pay you will still be able to download all files but with limitations like flightsim, i.e. a message like "All nodes are busy" may appear.If you pay you will get immideate access without a "All nodes busy" message.So it

Guest HeavyFan

Ok I see now and understand! But is it up and running yet? that's what i am trying to find out! Thank's for that info MIKE! I know i keep hitting refresh when i try to enter FlightSim.com!! Sometimes i get in quick and other times takes me like 30-40 refreshes to get in!! Very irrtating! Ok thanks MIKE-:)

MikeEDDK,heavyfan was asking about the PAI site,not flightsim.com

Hey Seba,Everything mike said was absolutely spot on,our new site will work along the principles of flightsim.com. you will have to login to download the files, this can be done with or without paying. However if you go for the free option you may get a message saying "all nodes busy please try again later" but if u pay you wont get this message u will login 1st time. No price has been agreed yet thats up to ben, john and lucas. This is the best way available to help control and not have a repeat of the bandwidth problems encounter so far. Hope that clears up any questions or querioes about the new site.StevePAI

@Seba,if you read my post carefully you will notice that I said "like flightsim......."@heavyfan,no, the site is still under development (13.35 EST)Regards,Mike

Greetings,I was lucky and got mine while they were still hot, I downloaded in the first day.I have zipped all of the aircraft folders into one large zip file and find that it is roughly 35 megs. The aircraft text, airport text, and flight plan text will zip into a file of roughly 1 meg. For talking sake and in head math we will call it 35 meg for a package. You can do it exactly if you like.On the www.ProjectAI.com link provided it states ... "with the cost of Bandwidth at $2.00 a GIG ... ".Doing some quick and dirty math, a 35 meg download package "costs" then:35meg divided by 1 gig times $2.00 is about $.07 (7 cents). Storage of the 35 meg is trivial, the cost, as PAI has been stating is bandwidth. Why do I need to pay $10 for quick access to a "free" package? Set up a PayPal and I will happily "donate" a dollar. You will get at least $.90 cents of it after fees by PayPal.What is wrong with my math? Have I misplaced a decimal?Good Luck and keep thinking out of the box for other solutions.EDITED .. (After clicking on a donation button, I see you are using PayPal. Please provide an email on your page where I can use my PayPal to send something other then the amounts provided. I know and use PayPal. They the are the only one who I trust with my credit card secuity .. Thanks)Regards,Bob http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d0cf472751e5a9a.gifp.s. It looks as if a 1000 plus people downloaded it in the first two days. In head math again .. 56 gig divided by 35 meg is about 1600 downloads. How many more are you projecting?Only as a sidebar -- do you download 15 gig of software from flightsim.com a year?

I agree that this is a major undertaking. I have found with my business, doing anything with the internet that requires a large usage of your bandwidth is exceedingly expensive.I really believe the donation scheme will work, heck I don't mind donating a few bucks to get some real enjoyment. To see real AI around my airport, flying around the world and hearing the correct airlines. Makes it so much more realistic.I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And will make a donation as soon as I can to support your project!!Hope everything works out. If I can help let me know!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Where is this info you gave in your message located at in regards to paypal? I went to PAI and I don't see this info. listed. S.