Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

RC5 - Feature Requests

Roger that :D How large a selection of voices will you be able to accommodate this time? I've occasionally been thinking.. why not have the files in, for example, mp3 format so they'd take less space?

JD,Speaking of voices, in RC4, if I have both "Interact with AI" and "Chatter" checked, I seem to almost always have a lot more chatter sounds and only every once in while, will I hear interaction with AI. If I only have AI checked, then I hear all AI comms as expected. This is especially noticable when I'm on the clearance or ground channels.In RC5, I would like a way to raise the priority of Interact-with-AI over chatter (but still have both checked) so that all AI comms is heard before chatter will be played. Maybe a "Primary" checbox next to each selection so that when both are selected, you designate which comms (AI or chattter) will have the higher priority?Also, in RC5, will we be notified at a longer distance of potential traffic conflicts near our own airspace? In RC4, I'm usually notified at only 1 nuatical mile or so of a pending issue. 0h, and how about issuing deviations for traffic off our current FP?And another thing, over the years of RC4, it seems that as CPU's have become much faster, the amount of time to meet a requirement or issuance has become shorter. In other words, these days with a 4GHz CPU, I'll get all three warning for altitude deviations in less than a minute or so where as it seemed like it used to take much longer back in the Pentium4 days. Maybe it's me, but I swear the audio/cycle time has become shorter on these faster CPU's.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

as i've mentioned in several posts before, you have to be on the same frequency as the ai are, and the ai have to be doing something that merits a "chatter" with them.if they have gotten their clearance, and you just tuned to clearance, i'm not going to repeat it, since you just changed frequency.if they just got their push back "chatter" and you're still on clearance, you're not goint to hear it.if you believe that i should have said something to an ai, and i'm not, please make a log. tell me what controller you're talking to, what the ai call sign is that you think i should have said something to, and send me the .log. i'll tell you why i didn't say anything to the ai.also, you might consider turning off pre-recorded chatter. maybe there would be more ai chatter (since i won't be busy playing pre-recorded chatter instead of watching what the ai are doing)i issue traffic advisories when they are required by the rules. if the rules say within 15 miles, it wouldn't be realistic to do it within 30 miles. i turn the ai to avoid conflict instead of you. it was problematic turning you, because they may lead to more conflicts which would cause more deviations which may cause more conflicts. rc isn't as smart as a real controller, and can't make these complex decisions like a human. also, i found that turning you, often led to user confusion, being off course, getting lost, and a bad user experience. easier to turn the aithe speed of the cpu doesn't affect how many times you get yelled at. i use wall clock time to determine when to say something again, and again.you probably have pilot autoreply turn on. turn it off. when you are told to climb or turn, or descend, don't acknowledge, until you have started the maneuveralso, if you are running at 2x or 4x in fs, run at 1x. unless you can react 2x or 4x times as fastjdjd

JD, that's exactly the point. In the real, 250kt relief isn't a planned activity, it's granted by ATC as circumstances permit. That's not how it appears in RC4, so if you're saying that RC5 will either make the call based in the amount of AI traffic in a given radius below given altitude, or simply as a random event, then great. I'm just suggesting that the pilot should not be expecting it.Regards,

I suggest the former method. And in fact, for the USA, the FARs state it as a hard limit unless the aircraft's minimum clean speed corresponds to more than 250 KIAS below 10000 feet MSL on prevailing QNH altimeter. For Europe and elsewhere, it depends on airspace and local regs. Doug can quote the exact FAR involved.I suggest making it hard for the USA for all except heavy/Concorde aircraft, with relief elsewhere based on active AI amounts or random if AI deactivated.My two cents...

Guest SkullxBones

Will RC5 be aware of mountains or other obstructions in the flight path?

Will RC5 be aware of mountains or other obstructions in the flight path?
no. with the combination of msa and notams you should be able to stay clear of them

I suggest the former method. And in fact, for the USA, the FARs state it as a hard limit unless the aircraft's minimum clean speed corresponds to more than 250 KIAS below 10000 feet MSL on prevailing QNH altimeter. For Europe and elsewhere, it depends on airspace and local regs. Doug can quote the exact FAR involved.I suggest making it hard for the USA for all except heavy/Concorde aircraft, with relief elsewhere based on active AI amounts or random if AI deactivated.My two cents...
The minimum clean speed is important here. I often fly a heavy 747 out of US Airports, and I have to fly up to 10000 with flaps extended so that I don't get yelled at by RC, and also don't crash because of a stall :). It would be nice if I could avoid this in RC5.

Guest nshahzad

You can get a list of sound devices using winapi/directsound and then itll return you the device/vendor ID. from there you can build a list and then output to a specific device ID. its straight forward using directsound, when you create the sound object, you have to pass the device id.It's been a while since I've done it, but it's possible. I can dig up resources if you'd like -Nabeel

Guest nshahzad
The minimum clean speed is important here. I often fly a heavy 747 out of US Airports, and I have to fly up to 10000 with flaps extended so that I don't get yelled at by RC, and also don't crash because of a stall :). It would be nice if I could avoid this in RC5.
I ask for 250kt relief in those situations.

You can get a list of sound devices using winapi/directsound and then itll return you the device/vendor ID. from there you can build a list and then output to a specific device ID. its straight forward using directsound, when you create the sound object, you have to pass the device id.It's been a while since I've done it, but it's possible. I can dig up resources if you'd like -Nabeel
i don't use direct sound

Guest keiron

Will RC5 be more of a permanent ATC solution? I mean by having it always connected to FS. Once the flight is finished and you're parked up; maybe being able to open up an RC5 internal client and send another flightplan to the ATC?Also are you planning to have it more interactive with Ai traffic?Navigation data bases upgradeable by the means of Airac from Navdata?I cant think of anything else, I'm still finding RC4 awesome, its what got me back into simming after a 2 year break!

Guest nshahzad
i don't use direct sound
I guess straight winapi? I know when opening the device there is a parameter for the device id as well. Cheers

Will RC5 be more of a permanent ATC solution? I mean by having it always connected to FS. Once the flight is finished and you're parked up; maybe being able to open up an RC5 internal client and send another flightplan to the ATC?Also are you planning to have it more interactive with Ai traffic?Navigation data bases upgradeable by the means of Airac from Navdata?I cant think of anything else, I'm still finding RC4 awesome, its what got me back into simming after a 2 year break!
i'm not sure i see what keeping v5 running between flights would buy you.what would you perceive as more interactive with ai?is it just intersections that need updating? how about i read the nav stuff out of the scenery files?jd

I think he wants the ATC commentary with AI from RC5 all the time as a replacement for the ATC that MS supply, that's something we would all like to see I'm sure, but I do know this is a big ask.I also think its a good idea being able to send the sound from RC5 to a sound device of our choice, this is what I do now with the FSX ATC audio, I send it to my wireless headset, while all other sound is sent to my speakers.

Cheers, Andy.