Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

In Need of Some Network Help with RCv4

Guest Ed Lin
i wonder if there is a hard limit in fs on sceneires. seems suspicious that the 255th scenery is not working. 0 through 254 do work.is there one of the sceneries you list below, that you can remove, allowing the last scenery to be 254?jd
I had that thought as well. However, searching the forums suggested that the MS SDK's limit on addon scenery was over 1,000. I will try deactivating a few this evening and see if it makes a difference and get back to you. Thanks.

Guest Ed Lin
I had that thought as well. However, searching the forums suggested that the MS SDK's limit on addon scenery was over 1,000. I will try deactivating a few this evening and see if it makes a difference and get back to you. Thanks.
I was able to resolve this issue. Lessening the number of addon scenery entries was tried last night as noted above however, that didn't do the trick.I learned many years ago that a regular backup of the system pays dividends other than just when your system crashes. I thought of looking at how the 9 Dragons VHHX scenery was installed and I retrieved a copy from a backup of last month of my runways.txt file from my "g:\program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9" directory. I noticed that the AFCAD files for the 9 Dragons Hong Kong scenery were in the "...\Scenery\Generic\Scenery" directory rather than the default "...\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-HongKong\scenery" directory. Depending on install options that a user went through during installation determines what AFCAD files are dropped during the installation. I grabbed the files that prefixed with "af2_" and "moved" them to the "...\Scenery\Generic\Scenery" directory, then ran the "Rebuild Scenery DB" option in RC4. Once completed, I was able to load "existing" flight plans that I had made that included VHHX and BINGO! RC4 now recognized VHHX!Why this works this way and not the other is unknown. A scenery design guru might have the answer or one of the FS developers. Regardless, this has done the trick. I will post this over at the FlyTampa forum as well as this issue has baffled a number of folks.Thanks!