Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

In Need of Some Network Help with RCv4

Hi JD & GuysI'm pulling my hair out here, 'cos I can't seem to do what i've done before....After a reistall of everything on my main PC and WideFS client PC, I can no longer get RC to work again across the network.I can get as far launching RC, and even load a flight plan across the network from the main PC.However, after selecting 'Controller Info' and then clicking 'OK', I get the 'Run-time error 75 - Path/File access error'.I've been through the manual again and double checked everything i can think of before posting here.All my other WideFS applications run correctly.But now i'm stumped - any ideas please?

you have to create a share on the fs machine, so rc can write to the fs machine's .flt/.wx directoryyou may also need to read your .plns from the fs machinethe share has to have read/write, maybe full permissionyou have to mount that share as a drive on your rc machine.if you still can't get it working, make a .log, instructions pinned at the top, duplicate the error, and send me the .logi can tell you what the path that has the issue is, and you can fixjd

OK JD thanks. Those items you list, i'm sure are all ok and checked, so will go make the log.

Ha! Redid all the things you sugested, and hey-presto!, I no longer have the network issue. I think it was just reseting all share permissions again that did it. A Windows glitch maybe?However, here comes another one you JD, if you'd be so kind....I have installed 'Kai Tak - Hong Kong' by Fly Tampa. It seems to be a terrific piece of software so far. However.... Again.... Trouble is, I can't get RC to recognise it. As you can see from the screenshot, although the flightplan has loaded ok, RC sees no airport details.This happens whether or not I run RC accross a network.I can fly this route in FSX without any issues, using the FMS in aircraft such as PMDGs new MD-11 etc. Thus, I'm sure all is well withing the 'airports.dat' file etc. VHHX also shows up okay when creating a default FSX, or FSCommander flightplan.I also have Pro Flight Emulator installed, and have EXACTLY the same issue with VHHX. I guess this means there's a problem with the scenery addon?Any ideas?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194389.jpg

simply click the rebuild rc scenery database button, say yes this is a widefs installation, answer the questions, and you should be goodmake sure you have the latest makerwys.exe in the fsx root directory. link pinnned at the top with link to the download sitethis is documented in the manual, how to rebuild the scenery database with widefsjd

I've rebuilt the database several times, to no avail. It does seem very strange doesn't it?Only happens with the Fly Tampa Kai Tak - everything else is ok. Does that mean the database is ok?

search the forum here for kai tak or the icao code for it. i seem to remember this being discussed and resolvedjd

I did already, but could only see stuff re 9Dragons.Will try again using 'Fly Tampa' as search critieria.

Guest Ed Lin
search the forum here for kai tak or the icao code for it. i seem to remember this being discussed and resolvedjd
Hi JD!I purchased the Fly Tampa Hong Kong scenery for FS9 several days ago and this one has me completely baffled. I have scoured forums at Fly Tampa, Avsim, flighsim.com, simflight network, the web, etc. and the matter seems to be unanswered everywhere.I don't expect you to fix an issue that could be due to another vendor's product but there are some bright folks on this forum. Indeed, it's fairly rare that I have to post a question for any addon as I'm usually able to resolve my issues either by a search or my own troubleshooting. If I create a flight plan with VXXH as the departure airport, either with default flight planner in FS9 or FSNav, RC4 brings my aircraft out to the Atlantic off the coast of Africa. If it's the arrival airport, I'm never given instructions for descent. VHHX is not to be found in the RC flight plan!I've never before had an issue with makerwys.exe. I'm using the latest version and why it's not picking up Fly Tampa's VHHX is completely baffling. Same issue with PFE. I opened runways.csv in Excel and seems there's no data being picked up for VHHX. I've wondered if perhaps an older version of makerwys would be the answer.Unlike some, I had no problem with Radar Contact and the 9Dragons version of Kai Tak. I had no problem with making the IGS 13 approach manually. I've got my AI traffic making the checkerboard approach, no issue with the PMDG aircraft and programming the FMS, no issues with the scenery -- just this one last hurdle. Even if it's unresolvable, I will be able to move mind though processes on to other things.Has anyone figured this out or perhaps any ideas for anything else to try?

Guest Ed Lin
Hi JD!I purchased the Fly Tampa Hong Kong scenery for FS9 several days ago and this one has me completely baffled. I have scoured forums at Fly Tampa, Avsim, flighsim.com, simflight network, the web, etc. and the matter seems to be unanswered everywhere.I don't expect you to fix an issue that could be due to another vendor's product but there are some bright folks on this forum. Indeed, it's fairly rare that I have to post a question for any addon as I'm usually able to resolve my issues either by a search or my own troubleshooting. If I create a flight plan with VXXH as the departure airport, either with default flight planner in FS9 or FSNav, RC4 brings my aircraft out to the Atlantic off the coast of Africa. If it's the arrival airport, I'm never given instructions for descent. VHHX is not to be found in the RC flight plan!I've never before had an issue with makerwys.exe. I'm using the latest version and why it's not picking up Fly Tampa's VHHX is completely baffling. Same issue with PFE. I opened runways.csv in Excel and seems there's no data being picked up for VHHX. I've wondered if perhaps an older version of makerwys would be the answer.Unlike some, I had no problem with Radar Contact and the 9Dragons version of Kai Tak. I had no problem with making the IGS 13 approach manually. I've got my AI traffic making the checkerboard approach, no issue with the PMDG aircraft and programming the FMS, no issues with the scenery -- just this one last hurdle. Even if it's unresolvable, I will be able to move mind though processes on to other things.Has anyone figured this out or perhaps any ideas for anything else to try?
UPDATE: I have gotten this to work with PFE. I'm on a Widefs install. I executed makerwys.exe directly on my FS machine then ran the PFE database update procedure. This "should" have fixed Radar Contact as well as it seems the same files are updated. Unfortunately, RC4 still does not recognize VHHX.

UPDATE: I have gotten this to work with PFE. I'm on a Widefs install. I executed makerwys.exe directly on my FS machine then ran the PFE database update procedure. This "should" have fixed Radar Contact as well as it seems the same files are updated. Unfortunately, RC4 still does not recognize VHHX.
to update the rc scenery database on a widefs configuration, follow the steps in the manual. basically you run makerwys.exe in the fsx root directory. make sure your fs directory is shared on the networkthen start rc on the other machine, click the rebuild rc scenery database button. say yes to the widefs configuration. then answer the question about where the fsx root directory is. rc then processes the files on the fs machine, across the network.if makerwys doesn't see vhhx, rc won't either. usually this is caused by a scenery.cfg issue. their fairly easy to fix, if you know what you are looking for. if you want to post your scenery.cfg file here, i'm sure we can spot the issue.jd

Guest Ed Lin
to update the rc scenery database on a widefs configuration, follow the steps in the manual. basically you run makerwys.exe in the fsx root directory. make sure your fs directory is shared on the networkthen start rc on the other machine, click the rebuild rc scenery database button. say yes to the widefs configuration. then answer the question about where the fsx root directory is. rc then processes the files on the fs machine, across the network.if makerwys doesn't see vhhx, rc won't either. usually this is caused by a scenery.cfg issue. their fairly easy to fix, if you know what you are looking for. if you want to post your scenery.cfg file here, i'm sure we can spot the issue.jd
Hey JD!This is an FS9 install. I've run the "Rebuild Scenery DB" option in RC4 a thousand times over the years without incident over the Widefs config. Thus, part of the reason I ran makerwys.exe manually directly on the FS machine during troubleshooting with the thought that it had something to do with the connection perhaps.Unfortunately, the Avsim attachment editor won't allow uploading of "this type of file" so I've copied/pasted below. Please also note that I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery package as well. Thanks.***[General]Title=FS9 World SceneryDescription=FS9 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=FALSE[Area.001]Texture_ID=1Title=Default TerrainActive=TRUELayer=1Local=Scenery\WorldRequired=TRUE[Area.002]Title=Default SceneryActive=TRUELayer=2Local=Scenery\BASERequired=TRUE[Area.003]Title=AfricaActive=TRUELayer=3Local=Scenery\Afri[Area.004]Title=AsiaActive=TRUELayer=4Local=Scenery\Asia[Area.005]Title=AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=5Local=Scenery\Aust[Area.006]Title=Eastern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=6Local=Scenery\EURE[Area.007]Title=Western EuropeActive=TRUELayer=7Local=Scenery\EURW[Area.008]Title=Central North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=8Local=Scenery\NAMC[Area.009]Title=Eastern North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=9Local=Scenery\NAME[Area.010]Title=Western North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=10Local=Scenery\NAMW[Area.011]Title=OceaniaActive=TRUELayer=11Local=Scenery\Ocen[Area.012]Title=South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=12Local=Scenery\Same[Area.013]Title=Amsterdam Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=13Local=Scenery\Cities\Amsterd[Area.014]Title=Anchorage Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=14Local=Scenery\Cities\Anchor[Area.015]Title=Atlanta Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=15Local=Scenery\Cities\Atlanta[Area.016]Title=Chicago Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=16Local=Scenery\Cities\Chicago[Area.017]Title=Dallas Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=17Local=Scenery\Cities\Dallas[Area.018]Title=Denver Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=18Local=Scenery\Cities\Denver[Area.019]Title=Heathrow Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=19Local=Scenery\Cities\Heathrow[Area.020]Title=Hong Kong Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=20Local=Scenery\Cities\Hongkong[Area.021]Title=Kitty Hawk Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=21Local=Scenery\Cities\Kittyhwk[Area.022]Title=Las Vegas Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=22Local=Scenery\Cities\Lasvegas[Area.023]Title=Los Angeles Aerial PhotoActive=FALSELayer=23Local=Scenery\Cities\La[Area.024]Title=Miami Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=24Local=Scenery\Cities\Miami[Area.025]Title=New York Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=25Local=Scenery\Cities\NewYork[Area.026]Title=Oshkosh Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=26Local=Scenery\Cities\Oshkosh[Area.027]Title=Paris Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=27Local=Scenery\Cities\Paris[Area.028]Title=Phoenix Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=28Local=Scenery\Cities\Phoenix[Area.029]Title=San Francisco Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=29Local=Scenery\Cities\Sanfran[Area.030]Title=Seattle Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=30Local=Scenery\Cities\Seattle[Area.031]Title=St. Maarten Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=31Local=Scenery\Cities\Stmaarten[Area.032]Title=Sydney Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=32Local=Scenery\Cities\Sydney[Area.033]Title=Tokyo Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=33Local=Scenery\Cities\Tokyo[Area.034]Title=Generic LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=34Local=Scenery\GenericRequired=TRUE[Area.035]Title=Vehicle LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=35Local=Scenery\VehiclesRequired=TRUE[Area.036]Title=Propeller ObjectsActive=TRUELayer=36Local=Scenery\propsRequired=TRUE[Area.037]Title=World TimezonesActive=TRUELayer=37Local=SCENEDB\3rdParty\TZ21[Area.038]Title=Active Scenery Objects

i wonder if there is a hard limit in fs on sceneires. seems suspicious that the 255th scenery is not working. 0 through 254 do work.is there one of the sceneries you list below, that you can remove, allowing the last scenery to be 254?jd

Hey JD!This is an FS9 install. I've run the "Rebuild Scenery DB" option in RC4 a thousand times over the years without incident over the Widefs config. Thus, part of the reason I ran makerwys.exe manually directly on the FS machine during troubleshooting with the thought that it had something to do with the connection perhaps.Unfortunately, the Avsim attachment editor won't allow uploading of "this type of file" so I've copied/pasted below. Please also note that I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery package as well. Thanks.***[General]Title=FS9 World SceneryDescription=FS9 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=FALSE[Area.001]Texture_ID=1Title=Default TerrainActive=TRUELayer=1Local=Scenery\WorldRequired=TRUE[Area.002]Title=Default SceneryActive=TRUELayer=2Local=Scenery\BASERequired=TRUE[Area.003]Title=AfricaActive=TRUELayer=3Local=Scenery\Afri[Area.004]Title=AsiaActive=TRUELayer=4Local=Scenery\Asia[Area.005]Title=AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=5Local=Scenery\Aust[Area.006]Title=Eastern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=6Local=Scenery\EURE[Area.007]Title=Western EuropeActive=TRUELayer=7Local=Scenery\EURW[Area.008]Title=Central North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=8Local=Scenery\NAMC[Area.009]Title=Eastern North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=9Local=Scenery\NAME[Area.010]Title=Western North AmericaActive=TRUELayer=10Local=Scenery\NAMW[Area.011]Title=OceaniaActive=TRUELayer=11Local=Scenery\Ocen[Area.012]Title=South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=12Local=Scenery\Same[Area.013]Title=Amsterdam Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=13Local=Scenery\Cities\Amsterd[Area.014]Title=Anchorage Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=14Local=Scenery\Cities\Anchor[Area.015]Title=Atlanta Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=15Local=Scenery\Cities\Atlanta[Area.016]Title=Chicago Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=16Local=Scenery\Cities\Chicago[Area.017]Title=Dallas Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=17Local=Scenery\Cities\Dallas[Area.018]Title=Denver Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=18Local=Scenery\Cities\Denver[Area.019]Title=Heathrow Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=19Local=Scenery\Cities\Heathrow[Area.020]Title=Hong Kong Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=20Local=Scenery\Cities\Hongkong[Area.021]Title=Kitty Hawk Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=21Local=Scenery\Cities\Kittyhwk[Area.022]Title=Las Vegas Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=22Local=Scenery\Cities\Lasvegas[Area.023]Title=Los Angeles Aerial PhotoActive=FALSELayer=23Local=Scenery\Cities\La[Area.024]Title=Miami Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=24Local=Scenery\Cities\Miami[Area.025]Title=New York Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=25Local=Scenery\Cities\NewYork[Area.026]Title=Oshkosh Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=26Local=Scenery\Cities\Oshkosh[Area.027]Title=Paris Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=27Local=Scenery\Cities\Paris[Area.028]Title=Phoenix Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=28Local=Scenery\Cities\Phoenix[Area.029]Title=San Francisco Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=29Local=Scenery\Cities\Sanfran[Area.030]Title=Seattle Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=30Local=Scenery\Cities\Seattle[Area.031]Title=St. Maarten Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=31Local=Scenery\Cities\Stmaarten[Area.032]Title=Sydney Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=32Local=Scenery\Cities\Sydney[Area.033]Title=Tokyo Aerial PhotoActive=TRUELayer=33Local=Scenery\Cities\Tokyo[Area.034]Title=Generic LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=34Local=Scenery\GenericRequired=TRUE[Area.035]Title=Vehicle LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=35Local=Scenery\VehiclesRequired=TRUE[Area.036]Title=Propeller ObjectsActive=TRUELayer=36Local=Scenery\propsRequired=TRUE[Area.037]Title=World TimezonesActive=TRUELayer=37Local=SCENEDB\3rdParty\TZ21[Area.038]Title=Active Scenery Objects