Sign in to follow this  
jd

Error 75 Radar Contact and Kapersky, and Norton

Maybe it was 76? however JD suggested me that pershaps my flt/wx path is not correct - this could be true. I made necessary change as the actual line ther said =0 so it means that it was not assigned. One clarification - this path is the one where the FSX plight plans are saved? What if i use FSCommander and path is different? Still has to be the one for FSX?

Tom Link

Maybe it was 76? however JD suggested me that pershaps my flt/wx path is not correct - this could be true. I made necessary change as the actual line ther said =0 so it means that it was not assigned. One clarification - this path is the one where the FSX plight plans are saved? What if i use FSCommander and path is different? Still has to be the one for FSX?
RC needs to know the location of your FSX flight plans. If that path is incorrect, missing or not accessible because of lack of permissions then you will get run-time error 75. If the entry say's =0 then RC doesn't know the plan folder.RC is not interested in FS Commander plans. You must point it to the FSX ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

most commonly caused by not using "run as" administrator on windows 7 and vista. right mouse click the rcv4.exe or shortcut, and clicking run as administrator. logging in as administrator doesn't cut it.if you get run time error 75's after a few minutes of normal flight, then it is probably one of the anti-virus programs below cutting off access to write to rc's directory.below you will find changes to Kapersky and Norton antivirus programs to eliminate random run time error 75's.jd
I have a similar problem with "Run-time error '76': Radar Contact.fsuipc.rv4code." Radar Contact quits after a period. I have tried the above fix, telling my AVG to recognize files in my Modules and RCV4 directories, but the problem remains.I get a similar error message: "Run-time error '76': RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code". Radar Contact quits after a period. I have tried the fix of telling my AVG Resident Shield to recognize files from my Modules and RV4 directories but the problem still occurs. I don't want to shut down my virus protection while running RC because other addons are using the internet.

Hi,I am also Having problems with runtime error 75,it will not let me start RC4.I have tried all of the suggested remedies in this thread to no avail.I have only recently installed RC4 into Vista/FSX and have not been able to get RC to run yet.It is very frustrating,nothing seems to cure the problem.I am a73 y.o and not exactly well up in the depths of software fault finding.I tried running as administrator only to be asked to re-register.I also pointed rc to my .flt location,also to no avail.I have the current registered version of fsuicp.I really hope you can help as I feel I am spending far too much time trying to repair software and not using my hobby as it should be used eg. Flight Simulation.Regards Alan

When I run the rcv4.exe as admin it asks for a registration code whereas if I run it without admin privalages it doesn't ask for as registration code at startup. What's the problem here?*Edit*: Nevermind I have now fixed it but thanks anyway

Hi all, My problems are similar to others - I am following all of the advice on this thread, but to no avail. I believe that my problem is linked to the sound of RC, because if I press the 'test' button in general settings I get the error - or if I don't test, and go direct to fsx, the minute I try to use rc (i.e. for ground clearance), the program freezes up! I am running Windows 7 (64), FSX, fsuipc is up to date, McAfee virus protection (don't hate me...it came free with the computer). Let me know if you need any more info than that. This is a little frustrating, not helped by the fact that the manual is completely lacking in anything related to fsx. Would love to get to the bottom of this very quickly!

I have had radar contact for almost a year running on MSXP. I have now upgraded to Windows 7. I installed RCv4 and now get a error 75 message FSUIPC rcv4. I have upgraded to the lateest FSUIPC for FS9. I tried running as Adm. but if I do it ask me for my key again. I'm very fruastrated at this point since I've upgraded over a week ago and have re-installed windows and everything else, but still cant't get rcv4 to run.

I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 and RCv4. It gives me the error message when I clik the speaker icon in the general options menu next to the airline name box. Please help!

Hi  folks,

I did not have the error 75 before I switched to Norton. Now I am unable to run RV4.I looked into this forum topic but could not find any

fixes for the Norton caused error.Could anyone redirect me to the solution?Thanks

Evening gents

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get RC running, I attempt to run the rebuild scenery DB, I have tried entering both C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X and also C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.  The first is where my actual FSX.exe points to and the second is where my flight plans are located as I have seen mention of that above. I then get the first Makerway dialog box, when I click ok to run the database builder I then get the run-time error 75, with an additional message of Path/File access error.

I am running the latest Makerway.exe and my Fsuipc4 version is File version 4.1.2.0 and Product version 4.12.

Any thoughts gents on how to rectify this?

Kind Regards

Paul

Hello,

I am having similar problem...Run time error '75 RC.fsuipc.rcv4code

Have tried solutions above, but still can't get RC4 to work after contacting Delivery for clearance.

I am running windows 7 have the latest Fsuipc version.

Can someone please assist? have waited 3 weeks for reg key and now this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Allan

Thanks Ray I have right-clicked on RC shortcut and choose run as Administrator and I got the registration screen as though I had not registered it so I got another code and entered it thinking I had cracked it WRONG still have the same problem, I just don't know what I am doing wrong . any way thanks again

A couple of months without a reply to fix this error?

Hey Allan,

There are several posts regard to #75. It happens to be the 1st 'PIN' as well. Run RC as Administrator, that should fix you up.

Doug

In Win 7 set up your shortcut to rcv4.exe. Right click on it. Click properties. Enable run as admin in this first window. Now click advanced. Enable (check) run as admin in this second properties window (it it different here).

Click OK to go back to the first window. Insure run as admin here is still enabled then click Apply to save the changes. Click OK to close out the properties Window.

Here is a pretty good explanation of error 75:

Path/File access error (Error 75)
During a file- or disk-access operation (for example, Open, MkDir, ChDir, or RmDir), the operating system could not make a connection between the path and the file name.

Make sure the file specification is formatted correctly. A file name can contain a fully-qualified or relative path. A fully-qualified path starts with the drive name (if the path is on another drive) and lists the explicit path from the root to the file. Any path that is not fully qualified is relative to the current drive and directory. This error can also occur while attempting to save a file that would replace an existing read-only file.