Sign in to follow this  
jd

Error 75 Radar Contact and Kapersky, and Norton

most commonly caused by not using "run as" administrator on windows 7 and vista. right mouse click the rcv4.exe or shortcut, and clicking run as administrator. logging in as administrator doesn't cut it.if you get run time error 75's after a few minutes of normal flight, then it is probably one of the anti-virus programs below cutting off access to write to rc's directory.below you will find changes to Kapersky and Norton antivirus programs to eliminate random run time error 75's.jd

>I'll do that next for RC4, with Kaspersky switched on, and see>how that goes.And indeed that fixes it. For any Kaspersky users out there, 'Settings''Threats and Exclusions''Trusted Zone''Trusted Applications'and adding RC as a trusted application will do the trick.Petraeus

Petraeus

thanks to "watcher" who delved into norton antivirus, and solved the run time error 75 errors when running norton I have been busy running various tests to try to sort out what needs to be done on my system to resolve the 75 error. What I have so far found after having run various tests is that several things need to be done when running Norton Internet Security, which includes antivirus and realtime protection. First I had to write specific rules to ensure that the locahost connection was not interfered wih. Then I had to set exclusions from realtime protection. This is sort of like a trust. I found that excluding just the RC executable was not enough. It was only after I excluded both RC directories that I had any success. So far I have managed to complete one flight from EGNT to EGLL without a 75 error. Will do more testing to make sure that it is not a fluke. I suspect that the communications are being stacked in one of these directories, requiring a write into a temporary file or stack located there. Please correct me if I am wrong in this assumption. In the midst of all this the USB hub on which my MPanel is located finally died so that delayed me considerably.

thanks to "watcher" who delved into norton antivirus, and solved the run time error 75 errors when running norton I have been busy running various tests to try to sort out what needs to be done on my system to resolve the 75 error. What I have so far found after having run various tests is that several things need to be done when running Norton Internet Security, which includes antivirus and realtime protection. First I had to write specific rules to ensure that the locahost connection was not interfered wih. Then I had to set exclusions from realtime protection. This is sort of like a trust. I found that excluding just the RC executable was not enough. It was only after I excluded both RC directories that I had any success. So far I have managed to complete one flight from EGNT to EGLL without a 75 error. Will do more testing to make sure that it is not a fluke. I suspect that the communications are being stacked in one of these directories, requiring a write into a temporary file or stack located there. Please correct me if I am wrong in this assumption. In the midst of all this the USB hub on which my MPanel is located finally died so that delayed me considerably.

For those of us who have less technical expertise, could you give us a step-by-step guide for eliminating the Norton Anti-virus runtime 75 errors?I think I've played around enough with Norton to be able to write the rules required for the .exe part of the equation. What I'm not sure of is how to write the rules in Norton for the local host to work properly.Thanks in advance.Slugger

Im using Norton Anti virus 2010, I have never had to do anything, and have never had a runtime 75 error. I know the security suite has alot of advanced firewall protection same with Norton 360 . But the I just have anti virus and spyware, it does not have any of these firewall settings.

Hi I have just changed to FSX loaded Radar Contact ok,untill I came to use it and I too have the message Runtime error 75 Radar Contact fsuipc.rcv4 code I am using Microsoft Essentials security can anyone help me rectify this problem Thanking you David (DS5)

Hi I have just changed to FSX loaded Radar Contact ok,untill I came to use it and I too have the message Runtime error 75 Radar Contact fsuipc.rcv4 code I am using Microsoft Essentials security can anyone help me rectify this problem Thanking you David (DS5)
I'm using MSE with XP SP3 on a WideFS setup and have no problems. Please post details of your OS and if you run RC and FSX on a single machine or via WideFS. Please also post the version number of FSUIPC4.If you're running Windows7 you may have to await JD's return unless someone else with W7 knowledge can assist.Later: If you have installed FSX to the default path of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator and are running Vista or W7 it is in all probability a permissions issue writing to that path. I would always recommend you install to C:\FSX to avoid this problem. Vista / W7 does restrict you saving to that protected area.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm using MSE with XP SP3 on a WideFS setup and have no problems. Please post details of your OS and if you run RC and FSX on a single machine or via WideFS. Please also post the version number of FSUIPC4.If you're running Windows7 you may have to await JD's return unless someone else with W7 knowledge can assist.Later: If you have installed FSX to the default path of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator and are running Vista or W7 it is in all probability a permissions issue writing to that path. I would always recommend you install to C:\FSX to avoid this problem. Vista / W7 does restrict you saving to that protected area.
Hi Ray and others,I have just set up a computer for a bridge club and we use Microsoft Security Essentials instead of AVG free and Norton due to the less invasive nature of the Microsoft offering.I have read that unless you follow the practice which Ray has written about,and always right click and run as administrator errors will appear on a regular basis on differing programs.Norman Bowman

hI Ray I am Trying to run RC with FSX my FSUIPC Ver is 4.30 and my O.S is Intel i7 930 2.80Ghz CPUMSI X58 PRO Motherboard6Gb Corsair TR3 Tri Channel Memory 1600MhzSamsung 1 Terrabyte 32Mb Cache HDD SATANvidia GTX 480 DDR5 Pcie 1GB GraphicsOn Board 7.1 Stereo SoundGigabit LanFirewireSuperior 750w PSUWindows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Cheers David

David,MSE won't be the reason for your problem. You need to right-click the RC shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator". Have you tried that? If you have and it didn't work I can't offer any more advice as I don't have W7. But I suspect it will work for you as it has for others.FSUIPC4 is now up to v4.6 which you can get here although it won't solve your problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

David,MSE won't be the reason for your problem. You need to right-click the RC shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator". Have you tried that? If you have and it didn't work I can't offer any more advice as I don't have W7. But I suspect it will work for you as it has for others.FSUIPC4 is now up to v4.6 which you can get here although it won't solve your problem.
Thanks Ray I have right-clicked on RC shortcut and choose run as Administrator and I got the registration screen as though I had not registered it so I got another code and entered it thinking I had cracked it WRONG still have the same problem, I just don't know what I am doing wrong . any way thanks again David(DS5)

Thanks Ray I have right-clicked on RC shortcut and choose run as Administrator and I got the registration screen as though I had not registered it so I got another code and entered it thinking I had cracked it WRONG still have the same problem, I just don't know what I am doing wrong . any way thanks again David(DS5)
David,I've been in Spain for the last week. Are you still having registration problems? Please post details so we can get you sorted out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Anyone figured out the runtime 75 error for Norton? I see no solution here. From about 2 weeks i have not been able to complete a single flight without this error. it occurs everytime about 10 minutes from departure. I admit that it slowly gets on my nerves... Before I have been able to use the software for over 8 months without single error...

Tom Link

Anyone figured out the runtime 75 error for Norton? I see no solution here. From about 2 weeks i have not been able to complete a single flight without this error. it occurs everytime about 10 minutes from departure. I admit that it slowly gets on my nerves... Before I have been able to use the software for over 8 months without single error...
If the problem has only started in the last 2 weeks then you must have changed something on your system. What has changed?
it occurs everytime about 10 minutes from departure.
Do you mean 10 minutes after taking off? That is strange. Most problems related to r/time error 75 prevent RC from even starting.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather