Sign in to follow this  
indyrocks

Search for Update

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but a search didn't turn up anything. I've been using RC4 for a couple of weeks now and am getting more and more comfortable with it. I have version 4.3.3845 on my computer. On p. 26 of the latest available manual (V4.3), there is a diagram that shows a button labeled "Check for Updates"; however, the version shown in the manual is 4.0.3570. My concern is that my RC control panel doesn't have that Check for Updates button, nor can I find an update function anywhere in its installation. What is the procedure for updates now? (Or are we so close to RC5 that RC4 will not have any more updates?)

Thanks for the quick response. That still leaves the question ... how do I check for updates? The web site only says Version 4.3 is available for download. But with such detailed version numbering (4.3.3845), it would seem updates are released fairly often. I like to go through all my avsim stuff every couple of weeks to make sure it's all up to date, and I sure don't want to leave out RC!

4.3.3845 is the latest.it will be the last 4.x release5.0 will actually have an update button that worksjd

Hello JD,I have RC 4.3.3845 as the latest. if the 5.0 release, will it be free of charge to update from RC 4.3.3845 to 5.0 ??? any ide when will the 5.0 will be released?Regards,John

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

minor updates (4.01, 4.2, 4.3) are free of charge.major version updates (3.x, 4.x, 5.x) will be a reduce cost for existing customers.no eta on v5jd