Sign in to follow this  
WallysWorld

AI interaction question

I'm using RC4 and absolutely love it. Recently I also started using FSHotSFX which I know is not compatible with RC due to the TCASid being changed.The question I want to ask is that if I keep the Interact with AI option in RC turned ON and turn OFF the AI Chatter option while at the same time turning up the volume in FS9's default ATC sound, will I hear any interaction between the default ATC and the AI planes? Or will RC4's interaction with the AI override the default ATC talking with the AI?The idea I'm getting at is to have RC4 talk to me while still interacting with the AI while I listen to the default ATC talk with the AI. This is get around RC4 using the plane type instead of the airline and flight number for the AI planes due to the change in the TCASid.Many thanks for any and all replies.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.What about leaving the TCASid as Type+ for FSHotSFX while on the ground and then once airborne, switching TCASid back to Flight with the TCAS range set to 80? Would that work or would it cause RC4 to misfire?

regardless of on the ground or in the air, i am looking at the ai on the ground and in the air.flipping it back and forth i think would be problematic. you can try it. you can't kill anything.what exactly does this fshotsfx do, that is so attractive. maybe it's a feature that could be integrated.jd

jd,FsHotSFX (AIblast) is an addon that adds spooling and reserver sounds to AI aircraft at airports. It's an old addon that's not supported anymore, but seems to have found some kind of second life. It really adds atmosphere to airports with AI.The only problem is that the program changes the TCASid to 'Type+' and the TCAS range to 10 every time it runs. And RC4 needs the TCASid to be 'Flight'. That is the conflict.Here's a big dicussion about it: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=53380&page=2And here's the website for FSHotSFX: www.fshotseat.com

jd-I've also taken the liberty of asking Pete Dowson if he could somehow split this option in FSUIPC, either in the GUI or perhaps hard coded by the user in the FSUIPC.ini file, so that there's a setting recognized by ONLY RC4 and a separate setting for either FsHotSFX or all other programs but he says this type of programming is not possible.<< http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...592c06a76433cb2 >>Is there anything that can be done on the Radar Contact side? The developer of FsHotSFX has left the business and is no longer working on his fine add-on. I'm really growing to love it, too!

FSHotSFX is a good addition to FS, but losing RC is not an option for me. Maybe some hope that the RC5 version will allow both to work?

i need the tcas information in that format, with the distance set to the maximum, for rc to workchanging/adapting v5 to use the tcas setting this other addon chose, doesn't provide enough information to me. and i can't be limited to a distance of 10 miles.sorryjd

I understand. FSHotSfx needs the TCAS string set to 10 and Flight+ so that it knows which one of 54 .wav files to queue up: small, medium or large jet?; truboprop?; spool up or doppler?; tire squeal? And, of course it can't be allowed to detect any AI more than 10 miles away or it would play sounds for every AI aircraft loaded in your sim.Thanks anyway.

you don't have to limit the tcas range to 10 miles, you can calculate the distance to all possible 96 ai, because you know the ai's lat/long, and you know your lat/longbut that said, if no one is supporting the app, then what i just said was irrelevant.jd

But I think the important parameter for it is the Flight+ TCAS ID string, which it uses to determine the type and size of AI in the vicinity, and then queues up the proper .wav files.If you can think of anything else we could do, there are suddenly a lot of us who'd appreciate any insight. I'm still determined to fly with both programs (I just can't fly without RC any more) so I fiddle with the Interact With AI option and use the default MS ATC for my flight sim AI interaction.

if you don't have interact with ai, and ai chatter, you will have issues when it is time for the planes in front of you to be cleared into position and hold, and cleared for takeoffjd