Sign in to follow this  
msyairtran

Taxi Into Position And Hold

I am noticing at a airport that I fly out of they will tell me to contact tower for departure. When I contact tower and tell them im at 4R ready for departure they will acknoledge my transmission but I may sit there for 15 min and they have not told me to taxi into position and hold. Am I just suppose to taxi and hold or still wait on ATC? Also there are not any other planes to depart or to land. This is a small reginal airport.

have your done a rebuild rc scenery database? it sounds like rc doesn't think you are close enough to the runway, to tell you to taxi into position and holdno, you're not supposed to do that, until you are told to.make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forummake sure you click debug, before loading the .plnwhat version of makerwys.exe is in the root of the fs directory? what version of fsuipc are you using?jd

You've got to be near the edge of the runway. In some sceneries the hold short line is too far back.Another item to consider is the cockpit view. In some aircraft the pilot sits forward of the nosewheel giving the impression that you are more forward than you really are. The position of your aircraft and AI are seen as the model defined center of your aircraft to my knowledge.As jd stated, run the scenery rebuild to insure RC has the correct runway data. The link to the current versions of makerwys and FSUIPC is near the thread near the top of this forum.