Sign in to follow this  
Guest instigator

RC and Africa

Guest instigator

Howdy guys,I am contemplating purchasing Radar contact, but would like to find out if this is fully functional outside the US?What I mean for example, are the different sectors / divisions / centers updated to reflect latest real world ATC, or is it dependant on FS2004's database?Best regards

Hi,RC is fully functional worldwide and has its own set of data for sectors. I recently flew from Durban, South Africa to Djibouti, Somalia and was handed over to the correct controllers during the flight.I've also been handed over to Ho Chi Minh Control when flying over Vietnam. :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest instigator

Sounds good! Purchased it, now waiting for key by mail :)Does this manual process of activation mean that every time I format my PC, I need to request a NEW key?If thats the case, its going to be laborious as I format every 3-6 months :D

You need to keep an eye on your spam folder and check your registration email doesn't end up there.Formatting and reinstalling won't require a new key. A change of hardware will but only JD knows how much will trigger a new key.Don't forget to read the manuals especially the bits about Flight Levels, Altitudes, Transition Altitudes and QNH. :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest instigator

PARTY!!!Received the key :D Nice and quick! Thanks again JD.Just completed a quick flight from Durban to Johannesburg. RC really makes the standard FS ATC look dis-functional!!!PS. When I installed RC, I noticed seperate options for FS9 and FSX. Can I run RC4 on both versions, or should I re-install and specify FSX as well :(CheersJose

Excellent! I'll have to leave the double-install option to JD.Do you live in RSA? I visited my cousin near Port Shepstone last year and flew into Jo'burg and Durban. One week in the Kruger - fantastic!!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

you can install rc for fs9, for fsx or for fs9 and fsxif you just did fs9, and you want fsx, reinstall, and choose the fsx optionjd

Guest instigator

Blonde moment :) Noticed the FS9 and FSX option.Yes Ray, I live in Johannesburg :)

Yes Ray, I live in Johannesburg :)Departing in the BA 747-400 that was the longest take-off roll I've ever experienced! Over 50 seconds! Just as well they built a long runway! ;-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather