Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

CREATING AN ERROR FILE

John, I need to send you an error file--it concerns runtime error 75--and the problem occurs about 30-40 minutes into my flight. I have saved the flight at a point a few minutes before the error occurs. Do I need to start the flight from the very beginning, or can I pick up the flight at that saved point and send the file only from that saved point?

kapersky anti virus? see the post pinned at the top.are you running vista? run as administratorhave you defined the path where the .flt/wx files are stored? click the .flt/.wx buttonjd

You don't need to answer this question. Upon reflection and reading the instructions, the answer becomes evident.

kapersky anti virus? see the post pinned at the top.are you running vista? run as administratorhave you defined the path where the .flt/wx files are stored? click the .flt/.wx button(1)I'm running Norton Antivirus.(2)Yes Vista and as administrator.(3)Not sure I understand this one, I'll check.Please note that RCv4 has been running in my Vista computer for some weeks. This happened with no changes to the system other than a Vista update some hours before starting FSX (I shudder to think that this update might be the culprit) and a new flight plan. The airplane was even the same I have been flying for a while. The error message occurs well into the flight, not at the beginning.

not the usual culpritscreate a log, instructions pinned at the top of the forum. be sure to click debug before loading the .plnduplicate the error, zip up the .log, and send me the zipi'll tell you what's happeningjd

I do it over the next couple of days John, thanks. Do you need me to fly the flight to completion or only until the error occurs. Yeah, I know what the instructions say, just a recheck.

if the failure occurs, rc stops, right? once the error occurs, i should have what i need in the .log filejd

I don't know what to tell you now John. I ran the flight and RCv4 worked well the whole time. The pilot? Well...not so much. I see no sense in sending you a log of a flight wherein RC worked properly. I'm going to run the next couple of flights with the debug log running so that if anything goes wrong I'll have a record and not have to do a repeat flight. Hopefully this thread will now close and remain so.

there is value, so send it if you canjd
The file is on its' way to you John under the title RUNTIME ERROR 75