Sign in to follow this  
Guest amerton

Procedures grammar definition

Guest amerton

Dear all,Here's the current grammar for sids and stars. It will not change before the 757 is released.Note that you can now add speed restrictions.Cheers,anthonyROOT: FIXES intersections ENDFIXES RNWS runways ENDRNWS SIDS sids ENDSIDS STARS stars ENDSTARS| USER_DEFINED_WAYPOINTS udws END_USER_DEFINED_WAYPOINTS| error ; intersections: | intersections intersection ; intersection: NAVAIDFIX NAME id COLOCATED NAME NB NB | NAVAIDFIX NAME id LATLON LAT NB NB LON NB NB | NAVAIDFIX NAME id INTERSECTION NAME NB NAME NB ; udws: | udws udw ; udw: WPT NAME LATLON LAT NB NB LON NB NB MAGVAR NB ; id: | ID NAME ; stars: | stars star ; runways: | runways runway ; runway: RNW RNWEND fixentry froms ; star: STAR NAME fixlist sidstarrunways ; sids: | sids sid sid: SID NAME sidstarrunway sidstarrunways onhdgfixentry fixlist ; sidstarrunways: | sidstarrunways sidstarrunway ; sidstarrunway: RNW RNWEND ; froms: | froms from ; from: FROM NAME fixlist fixlist: | fixlist fixentry ; fixentry: hdgfixentry | INTERCEPT NB tofrom helperfixentry speed | NAVAIDFIX NAME NB speed | NAVAIDFIX NAME FLOAT NB speed | NAVAIDFIX NAME speed ; onhdgfixentry: | ONHDG NB speed | ONHDG NB NOTBEFORE NB helperfixentry speed ; hdgfixentry: HDG NB NB speed | HDG NB NB NOTBEFORE NB helperfixentry speed | HDG NB UNTIL NB helperfixentry speed | HDG NB INTERCEPT NB helperfixentry speed ; helperfixentry: NAVAIDFIX NAME ; tofrom: TO | FROM ; speed: | SPEED NB ; Anthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Anthony!:9 yummy, yummy, yummy. It looks really good. Cant wait to use it and write hundreds of SID/STAR files. My charts are already prepared.Could you please post a ready for use one, just to see how things are related? :-jumpyThank you so much.

Guest amerton

This is an example file ONLY (not to be used in simulated life :-)It is just for illustration.anthony//************************************// SIDs and STARs for LSGG Cointrin Switzerland// PMDG May 2001//************************************FIXESFIX ARBOS COLOCATED RLP 152 64FIX EBOTO COLOCATED SPR 229 23FIX SALEV COLOCATED CBY 49 17.3FIX PINOT COLOCATED CBY 49 9.4FIX BELKA LATLON N 46 3.8 E 5 50.8FIX VALDA COLOCATED SPR 356 60FIX PARTA COLOCATED SPR 356 40FIX BILSA LATLON N 45 28.9 E 6 8.1FIX D8GVA05 ID (7000) COLOCATED GVA 46 8FIX D8GVA055000 ID (5000) COLOCATED GVA 46 8FIX D8GVA23 ID (7000) COLOCATED GVA 226 8FIX ARBOS2N COLOCATED SPR 312 8 FIX LIRKO COLOCATED DIJ 146 51FIX LIR COLOCATED GVA 326 11FIX GAMAY LATLON N 46 8.5 E 5 43.5FIX INDIS COLOCATED GVA 226 19.5FIX FAF23 ID (FAF) COLOCATED SPR 226 1.2FIX FAF05 ID (FAF) COLOCATED PAS 46 0.5ENDFIXESRNWSRNW 05R FIX FAF05 3000RNW 23L FIX FAF23 5000ENDRNWSSIDSSID HDGTEST RNW 23L HDG 226 7000 SPEED 230 HDG 180 UNTIL 20 NAVAID GVA SPEED 240SID BILSA2A RNW 23L ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA FIX BILSA 0SID ARBOS2N RNW 05R ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA HDG 360 INTERCEPT 332 NAVAID SPR FIX ARBOS 0SID ARBOS2A RNW 23L ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA INTERCEPT 002 FROM NAVAID PAS FIX ARBOS 0SID DIJ9N RNW 05R ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA HDG 360 INTERCEPT 312 NAVAID SPR NAVAID DIJ 0SID DIJ9A RNW 23L ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA INTERCEPT 332 FROM NAVAID PAS NAVAID DIJ 0ENDSIDSSTARSSTAR FRI2B FIX EBOTO 8000 FIX SALEV 8000 FIX PINOT 6000 RNW 05RSTAR FRI2A FIX EBOTO 8000 NAVAID SPR 7000 RNW 23LSTAR PARTA2 FIX VALDA 20000 FIX PARTA 20000 NAVAID SPR 7000 RNW 23LSTAR AME FIX SALEV 6000 FIX PINOT 5000 FIX BELKA 5000 RNW 05R STAR DIJ2 FIX LIRKO 7000 FIX LIR 7000 FIX GAMAY 7000 FIX INDIS 7000 RNW 05RENDSTARSAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

We actually would WANT and WELCOME some savvy developer who would like to go ahead and try to translate any of the freeware AIRAC cycle stuff into our own format.How's that for an idea?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Anthony!Thank you for posting. It seems that it still will be possible to use the SID and STAR files from the 777.Is following interpretation for your SID HDGTEST right?Fly runway heading 226 with KIAS 230 until you reach 7000 feet, turn left to heading 180 until 20 nm distance to GVA.Is the 7000 "at" or is it "at or above"?Hope to fly the 757 soon ;-)Regards

Gents-Actually- Lefteris has a pretty good point... ;-)One of the things that builds longevity into the flight simulation market is user addons...Anyone out there that comes up with a working converter will be suitably rewarded for his efforts. ;-)(At the very least you'll get all of your PMDG products for free!)Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob/Lefteris,Where may I find/download the AIRAC data? I'll take a look and see what I can do.Regards,Bob L

Gerhard,Thanks for the link. I see the AIRAC cycle data is by specific add-ons (FS-Navigator 4.x, Flightmanager, EFIS98, 767-Pilot in Command, Dreamfleet2000, Squawkbox, FS-Build 1.x, Navdash 2.5 & Precision Simulator 1.3). I didn't see where I could view/download a generic/raw/unmodified file. If I don't find any I'll see if I can use one of the above.Thanks again, Bob L

Guest mmcevilley

Anthony:2 issues with the example you provided ... >>SIDS >SID BILSA2A RNW 23L ONHDG 7000 NOT BEFORE 8 NAVAID GVA FIX >BILSA 0 This should not be accepted:1. no heading value after ONHDG token, and2. per the grammar the phrase "not before" is one word (NOTBEFORE),Correct?-michael

Guest stang

Hi there Lefteris. While not a converter program (yet anyway) there is a SID/STAR editor available for the 777 at HTTP://flightassist.tripod.com/index.htm. I'm in the process of adding the new grammer for the 757.Terry

Terry,Nice program, layout and flow. Saves me the time from creating a converter. Are you in the process of adapting the editor to accept raw data?Let me know if you need any assistance.Bob L

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi there Lefteris. While not a converter program (yet >anyway) there is a SID/STAR editor available for the 777 at >HTTP://flightassist.tripod.com/index.htm. I'm in the >process of adding the new grammer for the 757. >Hey folks:I also have an editor that I call the Terminal Procedures Manager (TPM). I've been developing it slowly in my spare time. The new grammar for FIXES, RNWS (to include FROMS), SIDS and STARS is implemented. The User-Defined-Waypoints capability caught me by surprise and its not in yet.The layout and functionality is different than Terry's. Each major function (FIX Definition, Runway definition, SID definition and STAR definition) have their own management/data-entry form. Currently you work on just one ICAO and can do intermittent saves and can specify the folder and file name. I'm thinking about adding a copy-n-paste capability to minimize the data entry time associated with those transitions that are similar execept for a few navaids/fixes. Although it is capable of creating FMC-compliant procedures, it remains a work in progress ...I do not have it uploaded anywhere so if you are interested in checking it out send me email (mcevilley@earthlink.net) and I'll send it to you.-michael

Guest stang

Howdy Bob>Are you in the process of adapting >the editor to accept raw data? By "raw data" what do you mean? Richard Stefan's data is about as raw as I can get. His AIRAC data comes from more than one source as I understand it and is very good (some occasional boo-boos though). I can get DAFIF data but it is military orientated and doesn't contain all civialian procedures.RegardsTerry