Sign in to follow this  

TO/GA Switch

Is the TO/GA Switch modeled on the PMDG 777-2001GW, or is "Ctl. F-12"the only way to access it...?

Guest Roy

Page 9-5 in the manual states:"... then press + to activate the auto-thrust setting."From that I think it's safe to assume that it's the only way to do it.Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

It'd be splendid if Lefteris or some other programming genius could put the TOGA command in with the Fly!2 commands that we can assign to yoke buttons if it isn't already. After the 757 AFDS problems are fixed and the bird is out the doors of course. :)SP

I thought that this was the way things were, although I'm certain that on the PMGD FLY2K version of the 757 there was a to/ga button, and certainly on Wilco's 767 there was a little button down near the throttles that did the job. Trouble was that it was kind of hard to find, but then all the panels on MSFS 2002 need a magnifying glass to see what is going on anyway. Unfortunately they are real eyeball busters which was one of the reasons I gave up and returned to FLY!....

Hmmm...Is it a TOGA button on the 757/767, or is it just GA? As I recall, for takeoffs on the 757 and 767 you press the "N1" (or EPR) button on the MCP for takeoff thrust. GA is used if you need to go around on your approach.Jon (KSEA)

As far as I know, on the Boeing 777 the TO/GA switches are at the side of the throttle levers, so it would be really hard to click on it since it is nearly invisible from the perspective we are looking at the throttle levers...So CTRL+F12 is fine for me :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

I think the TO/GA buttons are on the inside of the throttles; autothrottle disconnect is on the outside.Jon (KSEA)

It's been too long I can't remembe the PMDG 757 for Fly2k, but on the WILCO 767 for MSFS there was defineately a little button near the throttles that was TO/GA.....

Nope, on Wilco's PIC 767, it's just GA. At least in the FS2002 version.Jon (KSEA)

Guest GrantM

Jon, pull up the throttle quadrant view in 767PIC and you will see just to the left of the #1 engine throttle lever the TO/GA button.Oops! Sorry Jon, I have been flying DF's 737 too much lately, I had in mind this aircraft in lieu of the 767 when I made this comment. Actually on the 767PIC, the TO/GA button is found on the Thrust Rating Panel (TRP,tiny panel on main panel), and these computer control modes are annunciated in the N1 data display.Grant

Agreed that there's a TO/GA button on the TRP, but that's different than the TO/GA button you'd find on a 747-400 or 777.The TO/GA button on the 757/767 is used to select the thrust limit. On the ground, if you press this button, it simply sets the thrust limit; it doesn't actually engage the autothrottle. Additionally, you'd use the TRP to manually change between CLB, CRZ, and CON thrust.The TO/GA button on the 747/777, when on the ground (and under 80 kts, I believe), engages the autothrottle. You can manually change between CLB, CRZ, and CON via the CDU.When pressed while in the approach, it activates "go around" mode, which increases thrust and causes the flight director to command the wings to roll level to follow ground track and initiate a climb. This is similar to the GA button on the 757/767.I think... :)Jon (KSEA)