Sign in to follow this  

Help With Radeon 8500 Video Card

I recently upgraded my system, including a new graphics card, Radeon 8500, in anticipation of the 757 coming out.When I start Fly II, I get a flashing, rotating aircraft, with no scenary or runway. I am running the latest driver for the card. I have tried reinstalling Fly II, and all the patched with no success. I don't know much about editing the render.ini file. I did do a search and tried a few things - like running under Dx7. Only problem is when I do that, it starts up fine, but as soon as I click on the PMDG 777, the sim freezes and gives me a runtime exception message for WINRUN.CPP, line 152. When I do run DX8 or DX8 T&L, I can still switch "flashing aircraft" but the same error apprears only the line number referenced is line 168.I have also tried going back to some old drivers. When I go back to a driver from Feb, I can make it work, but the old Fly doesn't work (can't get to the custom vcf files).The new system is a P4 2.0a, 1 GB ddr ram, on a Gigabyte motherboard.Any help, would be most appreciated. I am dying to try the new 757 from PMDG.Thanks!!Rich Heite

Rich-we have had the most success using Nvidia-family graphics cards. If you could switch your Radeon graphics card for a GeForce, you'd get the best results.Otherwise, your best bet is the Fly! General Forum, as this is not a question regarding a PMDG product, but rather Fly!2 itself.(Sorry, none of us have a Radeon, otherwise we'd love to assist anyway!).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Buying another card at this time is not possible.I had posted the question here, and in the general FLY forum because so far no one there had responded. I don't normally spend too much time in there either - I usually come directly here to PMDG.Thanks,Rich Heite

Lefteris,A fine gentleman "Backseat Pilot" Kurt helped me out with a new render.ini file. I can even run high textures in D8x with no trouble.I'm going to load the 777 back in, makesure I can switch to that ok and head for the new 757.Hope the 757 will be worth all this - from what I've seen it sure looks it.Rich Heite