Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

757 and Fly2 Start-up problems

Guest jeffg

I was finally able to download the 757 at 3:30 this morning,thanks to PMDG for getting the server problems worked out,now when I installed onto Fly2 I was unable to update the 777 it tried but said there it was not a valid update.The next problem was when I tried to start Fly2 I get a expection error and boots me back to desktop.I was able to use Fly2 before installing the 757 and I do not have the 2.30 patch on the system.My System is a p3 800 ,512 ram, GForce3 with 64megs ram SBLive sound card and I am running Windows XP home edition

Guest Marc Harrington

Jeff,the 757 requires the Fly!II 230 patch, otherwise it will not work.

Guest jeffg

Marc, Thanks for the quick reply,I can't install the 230 patch either,I have Fly2 setup with full install and the all inclusive patch to 210 with the 777 installed.So I guess the next step is to uninstall everything and try to reinstall it.The 230 patch goes through the setup and gets to a point and kicks out saying can't find Fly2 dir which is setup in default dir. Thanks Again, Jeff Gerbert

Jeff,Last night I had to reinstall all the patches and when it was time for the 230 patch I also got an error saying something like.. Can't find Fly2 dir or something like that.. Then I tried again and it worked.. Don't know why because the directory the first time was the same as the second. It may have something to do with the setup running under Windows XP, but I'm not sure. Sorry to hear you had that problem. I had the same thing, but it went away that second time I tried running that patch :)Jason Kath

Guest jeffg

Jason, Thanks for the info,when I get home from work tomorrow morning I will uninstall everything and reinstall and try to get the 230 patch to work.I am wondering if I should reinstall win 98se with the xp dual boot and run Fly2 from Win 98? Jeff G

I did have a dual boot with Win 98 and I found that I never even needed 98 and I recently just reformatted, which is why I had to reinstall the patches.. Now I just have XP on and Fly! 2 works fine for me.. So I don't think you would need to reinstall windows, but reinstalling Fly! 2 wouldn't hurt. :)Jason